Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Little Britain...funny peculiar...

• 15-12-2005 2:37pm

...is it a comedy?

Watched it on RTE 2 last night, so guess it was some rerun. And frankly for me it just highlights the peculiar obsession the Brits have for men in drag. Not much humour, just various sketches with men in drag or some costume or other. I don't mind the idea of repeated sketches and punchlines, when done well like the Fast Show...but this is just unfunny...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I used to think that the show was a bit crap alright. I changed my mind after watching it a few times. I only caught the last few sketches on RTE last night, and as usual they were hilarious!

Heading in the other direction. Saw it before and it wasn't bad, had a funny sketch involving the hypnotist ('look into my eyes'). But even last night his sketch was about...crossdressing, and just not funny. And that camp PA to the PM thing is not funny at any level. They had a kind of amusing thing going with a Scottish inn keeper with a flute that I think was lifted from The Wicker man, but seems to have axed it in favour of more men dressed as ladies sketches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

That Denis Waterman sketch is simply not funny, but most of the rest of it, I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

"So I'm going to star in it, write the theme tune, sing the theme tune". Very funny if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Each to their own, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

The sketch with the scottish guy was good but it was dropped because the set was costing nearly half the shows budget. The whole lou and andy thing is getting old but i still find vicky pollard thing hillarious. Its a pretty funny show when you get into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I cant see the attraction of this show.
    It has a few funny sketches but some of the others are exceedingly repetitive and irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the best thing about the Dennis Waterman sketches are the size jokes (ie he comes in with an enormous ice cream cone, gives it to the agent and its actually tiny)

LB mostly makes me laugh, but I think the new series on BBC1 is a bit weak - they seem to have run out of ideas for some of the the old characters.

Still love Bubbles DeVere though - those fat suits are amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

LB has always been more about characters than sketches and situations.

I do find it quite hit & miss, though having said that, "bottom enthuasiast" Dafydd Thomas never fails to crack me up. "the only gay in the vill-ege" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That Denis Waterman sketch is simply not funny, but most of the rest of it, I like.

Thats the best part!

Write the theme toon, sing the theme toon....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I've stopped watching it. It just got old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Once you;ve seen one episode, you've seen them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

The new episodes (Just watched one mind you) are complete rubbish, anything but funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

some things in it are funny but you still laugh at the stupid things because they are so stupid

Advertisement