Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armageddon

• 15-12-2005 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

If ever there was a 'one match ppv', well this is it. Anyone knows if this is on SS1 or box office?

456x133_arm_BatReyShowKane.jpg

This should be a good match. I expect Rey to take some serious bumps, and probably losing this for SD. Batista is injured still, so wont be too heavily involved. Though I am thinking that if Rey can pick up the win here, it will cause tension between Show and kane, leading to their eventaul break-up, and Royal Rumble qualifier match.

456x133_arm_bookert_benoit.jpg

Cant see Booker winning the series 4-0, so I fully expect Benoit to get the win here, to start his 'miraculous' comeback in the best of series.

456x133_arm_mnmSC.jpg

This should be a fun match, with MNM retaining. Hopefully this can be the foirst in a good feud between these teams.

456x133_arm_ortontaker.jpg

I really cannot call this one. Taker, for someone who has supposedly pioneered tis match, has lost more HIAC than won. Orton is on a mega push at the moment, and a loss could hurt that. The win for Orton seems more likely. I expect this to be a top class match, and I also reckon Orton will take a savage bump.

Only 4 matches announced? I assume Lashley will be given a match on this weeks FSD, probably against Sylvan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

It's on Pay Per View. Could have at least put a cruiserweight in or something.

I'll have to go with gimmick for the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I expect they'll announce at least one enough match if not a couple, including a Cruiserweight title match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Will anybody be buying this ppv?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

This weeks Smackdown taping as had a big affect on one of the matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

So I hear..bad booking. I won't be buying it, there's always other ways! It looked like they might be going for a Juvi vs Kid Kash match at the ppv. Can't see Bradshaw not being on the ppv, and Matt undeservedly missed the last one, maybe they could have a match. Leaving things kinda late though..

I haven't seen any juniors matches in ages, any idea what happened to them? Not that I care that much about them, but if you're going to bring them in you might aswell use them. Maybe have a load of them against the Boogeyman, it'd probably be the most entertaining match he could pull off

I'd go with Batista + Rey, Orton, MNM and Benoit. Although I still see Benoit losing in match 7

It's amazing that they don't have some decent feuds going with Burchill, Simon Dean, Regal, Stevie Richards and some others. They're all great wrestlers being wasted. Gets very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Batista/Rey vs Big Show/Kane

Batista to get the pin over Kane with the Batista Bomb. This will lead to a feud between Kane and Big Show.

Matt Hardy vs JBL

JBL to get the win. (sigh)

Mexicools vs MNM

Mexicools to win the match so they hold three titles each.

Booker T vs Chris Benoit

Tough one to call. Will Book make the clean sweep? I'll go for Benoit to win with the crossface.

Randy Orton vs Undertaker

Orton will win thus setting up a match at the Rumble between Batista and Orton. Orton will become World Champion setting up a match at WM22 between Batista and Orton for the title. I hope this doesn't happen but that's the way I see things going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

SPOILER

SD TAPIN RESULTS SAY REY ND BATISTA WIN TAG TITLES

ID SAY IT WILL BE MEXICOOLS VS MNM AND KID KASH IN A 6 MAN TAG MATCH :v: :v: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

to so a spoiler do the following

{spoiler}stuff you want to hide goes here{/spoiler}

replace {} with []

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

I'm not going to pay another 20+ euro for the sake of one good match.

The good ppvs are always free now a days.

Smackdown has the talent but they still cant book to save their lifes.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Hell In A Cell: The Undertaker V Randy Orton

Obviously this will be a great match. I see Orton winning this one as he needs all the momentum he's going to get being that he's most likely going to be the next champ. Though, Taker lost at Sumerslam and No Mercy, it'll be strange to see him lose three high profile matches in a row. But Orton's the most logical choice for winner here.

Inter-Promotional Tag Match: The Big Show & Kane V Batista & Rey Mysterio

This will be an interesting one to watch. You'd think Batista won't be able to participate to any great degree, but yet how much can Rey do in there with Kane and Show for an extened period of time? Still I reckon Batista and Rey will win. Very possibly from HHH interference.

U.S Title, Best of Seven, match 4: Chris Benoit V Booker T

I haven't liked the booking here at all. It's made the result of this match so predictable. Benoit to win here. The actual match should be good as usual but is there anyone that's not at least a little bit tired of seeing it?

MNM V The Mexicools

When this was a title match, I would have said MNM to win definatly. Now, it really could go either way. I'm still picking MNM though.

Incidentally, not to bitch about the spoiler, but any time something happens that I don't expect, I always accidentally see a spoiler. It pisses me off. Anyways moving on.

Cruiserweight Title: Juventud (c) V Kid Kash

This match is a certainty. Since Juvi isn't exactly in the good books now, I see Kash winning. Then again it's hard to imagine Kash being in anybody's good books given his rep. But still, I see him winning the title, for now..

JBL v Matt Hardy

Is this match official? Apparently so. This match will be okay, but I can't say that I care too much about it. I guess, Jillian will be out there, and she's the only thing that makes JBL's act watchable for me. Maybe we'll se her do her 450 splash? or maybe not. Lol. JBL to win.

Incidentally,this is the first Armageddon ever to not have a women's match on the card. Not surprising given that the women consist of three heels, one face that's not even around any more and one backstage interviewer. Still. I'll buy the PPV anyways, silly me. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

Does anyone else see the Orton Taker match going out of the cell?
    I think it's about time the cell match went back to it's roots and imagine how much it would shock the fans and everyone watching.

I see this one going up top the cell and Orton going off the top through the announce table (ala Shawn Michaels). Then it would end up back in the ring and a bloody Orton would come back and win the match. That would be amazing for his push.

Eh, it'd be cool for the match if they took it outside the cell, but it wouldn't be THAT shocking. The fans would pop, but saying they'd be shocked is a bit of an overstatement.

I do see a lot of brutal bumps being in the match. But Orton going of the top through the announce table, imo it's just not gonna happen. Maybe he'll go through the table from maybe a bit of the way up the cell or something. Both men will take a tremendous amount of punishment no doubt but I just don't see that extreme of a bump being in the match.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong. Stranger things have happened :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I think Orton will defo win this- at least i hope so given the momentum he's been building up lately...it would b a shame to see that wasted. I hope Orton wins the royal rumble then, and beats Batista at Wrestlemania rather than beating him at the Royal Rumble. A win against Taker nd winning the Rumble with an early number would really elevate Orton nd make up for the shambolic booking of his 1st titile run.

Im expected a crazy bump or something special from Orton here as this match is the only reason that I and many others are buyin this PPV- it needs to be spectacular.

Batista and Rey all the way in this one- I assume WWE are gonna break up Kane and Show so HHH can slay the giant in his typical egomaniac style. I wouldnt be surprised to see the almighty Trips on Sunday nite.

Benoit to win - really couldnt care less though. Im sick to death of seing these two wrestle. Hopefully this is kept short: To be honest, I wouldnt mind if Booker won this to finally end this series. These best of series' are a bad idea- This one like the Booker/Cena 5 series is about as entertaining as watchin paint dry.

MNM V The Mexicools

This is a tough one to call- could really go either way. I'll give this to MNM with interference from the lovely Melina.

Im gonna go with Kash on this one with help from MNM. Hard to call though: like the above match, could go either way.

JBL v Matt Hardy

I think JBL will come out on top in this match, which is really just a card filler.
    Maybe we'll se her do her 450 splash
    Can Jillian actually do a 450 splash or are you takin the piss?

Im buyin this PPV for the HIAC match mainly- interested in the interpromotional tag match as well. For this to be a good PPV, the HIAC match has got to be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

To be honest folks, i can see the Taker maybe winning the Hell in the Cell match. He will be stepping down for good soon i suspect ( problems with his hips are getting worse as far as i am aware ) and i can see him holding the title once more before that happens.

As already said by someone though, Orton will take a huge bump i reckon. We know he's not afraid of the pain after the Foley Match.

Dragan wrote:
    To be honest folks, i can see the Taker maybe winning the Hell in the Cell match. He will be stepping down for good soon i suspect ( problems with his hips are getting worse as far as i am aware ) and i can see him holding the title once more before that happens.

Dont think so man. Before Batista decided not to have surgery, WWE were going to give Orton the strap in a Smackdown taping. If that had happened, Orton would be defending the World Heavyweight Championship in Hell in a Cell against Taker. Presumably, Orton was booked to retain against Taker and i cant see that having changed. Apparently WWE are intent on giving Randy the next title run- deservedly so IMO.

With regards to Taker holding the belt b4 he retires, it could happen- maybe by next summer though. Ortons gonna be the next champ.

Can Jillian actually do a 450 splash or are you takin the piss?

Lol, I knew somebody was going to ask me that. Yes she can do it. She did it most recently in her match with Alexis Laree in OVW. That was a 15 minute match btw. I can see why you asked though, considering the little bit WWE has allowed her to do so far.

If you really want to see it, go to Mickie James official forums :

http://www.happy-hysterical.net/alexis/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

Click on the "OVW" link, and you'll see it. You may have to register first, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Dont think so man. Before Batista decided not to have surgery, WWE were going to give Orton the strap in a Smackdown taping. If that had happened, Orton would be defending the World Heavyweight Championship in Hell in a Cell against Taker. Presumably, Orton was booked to retain against Taker and i cant see that having changed. Apparently WWE are intent on giving Randy the next title run- deservedly so IMO.

With regards to Taker holding the belt b4 he retires, it could happen- maybe by next summer though. Ortons gonna be the next champ.

To be honest, i would love to see Orton holding the belt again, when he is in the ring he works, when he is doing his mic work he works. The only thing that has started to annoy me is Cowboy Bob, sure, the man was great in the day, but come on, lets be having Randy dealing with things himself please!

I thought he was great as champ when he won it off Trips.

Yes she can do it. She did it most recently in her match with Alexis Laree in OVW.

Thats pretty impressive! I heard Jillian was good but i didnt know she could do moves like that. After seeing that I cant understand why WWE dont have her in matches. That must be one aerodynamic mole she's got!!!

Am I right in sayin that the 450 splash is banned by WWE, hence the reason London doesnt do it anymore?

Yes she can do it. She did it most recently in her match with Alexis Laree in OVW.

Thats pretty impressive! I heard Jillian was good but i didnt know she could do moves like that. After seeing that I cant understand why WWE dont have her in matches. That must be one aerodynamic mole she's got!!!

Am I right in sayin that the 450 splash is banned by WWE, hence the reason London doesnt do it anymore?
    Dragan wrote:
    I thought he was great as champ when he won it off Trips

Orton won the belt off Benoit- he lost it to Trips!

Yeah, both the 450 and Shooting Star Press have been banned by WWE I believe. So we'll probably never get to see Jillian do it in WWE. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Benoit to win - really couldnt care less though. Im sick to death of seing these two wrestle. Hopefully this is kept short: To be honest, I wouldnt mind if Booker won this to finally end this series. These best of series' are a bad idea- This one like the Booker/Cena 5 series is about as entertaining as watchin paint dry.

Are you for real? Their matches have been class. Probably the best matches on Smackdown in recent weeks.

You're a hard man to please.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Winner: Orton

Winner: Batista & Rey. Will possibily add to the rumoured upcoming Show/Kane feud.

Winner: Benoit- I don't think Booker will win 4-0

MNM V The Mexicools
    Winner: Mexicools.

Winner: Kinda torn betwen the two, but i think Juvi will probably win! Although could be wrong, might take the title away from his because of his backstage behaviour.

JBL v Matt Hardy
    Winner: JBL

Read that Regal said in an interview that it will be a
    Handicap match: William Regal & Paul Burchill vs. Lashley
    Winner: Lashley

Are you for real? Their matches have been class. Probably the best matches on Smackdown in recent weeks.

You're a hard man to please.:rolleyes:

Its not that the matches havnt been good: they have- Benoits matches GENERALLY ARE the best on Smackdown every week. Its just that Booker and Benoit have had SO MANY matches over the last 2 months that im sick of seeing the same match - no disrespect to either competitors work or the matches they're putting on (its the booking of the series i have a problem with). When Benoit had a match with Regal the other week, it was a great match with Benoit against a different opponent. That was the 1st time in i dont know how long that either Benoit or Booker didnt wrestle each other on Smackdown!

While their matches have been great, i just dont want to see another Benoit/Booker match. Just to clarify, its the series that i compared to paint drying, not the individual matches: im sure that in a years time if i looked at any Booker/Benoit match id enjoy it: just not at the moment when ive seen so many!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

So was the HIAC any good??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't think much of the ppv. HIAC was ok, it didn't really have an edge to it though. Bob was bleeding quite a bit before he was ever touched, made me laugh. It was really **** seeing a guy of Burchill's quality squashed for the second time in a week too

Advertisement