Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom refuse to release any more lines in 2005

• 15-12-2005 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I rang Smart today to see what's happening with my dsl order which I applied for about two weeks ago.

They told me Eircom are refusing to release any more lines to other providers until the first week in January!

Is it even worth my while complaining to Comreg?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yes it is , you are the one who is inconvenienced .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well now that sucks... I just called my Dad to let him know about this. He's going to call Smart now. If I hear anything (useful) I'll report it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

halenger wrote:
    Well now that sucks... I just called my Dad to let him know about this. He's going to call Smart now. If I hear anything (useful) I'll report it...

What powers would your Father have over whether or not eircom permit LLU over the next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

Just sign up with Eircom, problem solved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Dilly1 wrote:

YES!!!!

Join the dark side along with the vast majority of the DSL using population(not me:D )!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Dilly1 wrote:

That's what they want you to do so don't on principle.

zuma wrote:
    What powers would your Father have over whether or not eircom permit LLU over the next month?

Because we're getting Smart installed somewhere. I never mentioned he had powers. ... If he had powers we'd so have internet2 over here by now. :p

He was also supposed to call them anywhere but seemingly had forgotten (for the last few days).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Dilly1 wrote:

Yes, I bet if I signed up with eircom dsl there would be no problem at all. W*nkers.

I wouldn't sign with them on the basis they are incompetent, robbing f*cks, and i'd have to pay them line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

eth0_ wrote:
    Yes, I bet if I signed up with eircom dsl there would be no problem at all. W*nkers.

I wouldn't sign with them on the basis they are incompetent, robbing f*cks, and i'd have to pay them line rental.
    Yes indeed, my gf's sister ordered Eircom in Phibsbro' on Wedensday and she was told she will have it on the 28th this month.

So glad I am with Smart tbh

Anarchist wrote:
    Yes indeed, my gf's sister ordered Eircom in Phibsbro' on Wedensday and she was told she will have it on the 28th this month.

This does suggest they are only doing it to hamper competition.

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    This does suggest they are only doing it to hamper competition.

Yes, yes it does. I'm making a complaint with comreg in the morning, don't have my fecking eircom account number on me here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

You can complain here also: consumerline@comreg.ie
    No more needs to be said.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is this effectively restricted to Smart or does it affect their resellers?

dub45 wrote:
    Is this effectively restricted to Smart or does it affect their resellers?

It's across the board I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

I already have had eircom dsl for 2 years and last week I sent the cancellation form to digiweb to sign up to Digiweb's DSL package. Will this affect me seen as I already have a line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I wonder have Smart made any complaints? Why is it again and again that the consumers who get fcked over when moving from eircom to someone else are the ones who have to do the complaining and the ringing around?

I already have had eircom dsl for 2 years and last week I sent the cancellation form to digiweb to sign up to Digiweb's DSL package. Will this affect me seen as I already have a line?

No it won't. It's only for LLU operators, Smart, Magnet and some business customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Is Eircom still refusing to release those lines?
    Any update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭rowan

i ordered smart a while back, their request to eircom for me went through on the 10th Dec.
    Rang smart today, they told me eircom refuse to process any more orders after 9th Dec. Smart also said eircom were stopping processing of orders that were half way through, and couldn't give me any definite date in January for completion

We got the same message. They're refusing to release more lines. Damn them to hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

They're such assholes I cant believe it. If they owned a fruit shop they would go around with bats smashing up new stalls that set up because they were here first. God I hate this crap from them. (Im not affected though I already have smart but I know what the wait feels like!)

It will be better when you get it but now everyone new will miss out on the 6Mb christmas present, my sympathies to you all.

How can they be allowed to do this. Surely it is anti-competitive. I'm so happy with my Blueface/NTL setup. No money for Eircon ever again.

Comreg sent me this email:

"If you have ordered broadband from Smart, and Smart claims that eircom is delaying, then Smart can take this matter up with ComReg through the wholesale procedures that are in place. Smart is aware of these processes so you will need to revert to Smart and request that they deal with the matter at the wholesale level through the relevant channels."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

comreg=dickless cocksuckers

Eircon know by the time the comreg procedure is done they will be releasing lines again. Comreg really are pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

There's a process in place to complain, if Smart are not using it then they are to blame. Nobody else. If the process is too slow then they should complain more and go all the way to Dempsey and keep up the pressure. Have Smart said they've made complaints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Dilly1 wrote:
    i'd join them if they were my only choice and were the onl ones that would be offering it in my area for months
    otherwise i would go for someone else or wait

Smart tell me Eircom aren't releasing lines til Jan 3rd and even then it could be up to ten working days from then!

GRRR EIRCOM!

The girl I spoke to thinks a complaint has been made about it to Comreg though. Fat lot of good that will do but hey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

Everyone who is getting ****ed by this go to http://supprt.smarttelecom.ie/forums and register their complain in customer service. We might get something out of it.

Namely our own month of 6mbit.

P.s **** EIRCOM **** MONOPOLY ****ERS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement