Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was your First Drink???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Bulmers. I was rotten the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

early 80s.

think it was black jamacian rum first.

then we progressed to (weekly) a lovey cider "orchard glow"
    it was red
    and i think it was made in south county carlow.

lovely stuff.

/ds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

think it was cider...

can't drink the stuff at all these days. it plays havoc with my pooper the next day:p (and it tastes about as appealing as the results of the above)

pear cider is nice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Fairly recently indeed by the looks of your spelling of it;)
    Have to give me credit for getting Smithwicks right though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Have to give me credit for getting Smithwicks right though ;)
    Yeah Kudos on the smithwicks spellage.
    Also Go Smithwicks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

My first drink would have been peach schnapps and OJ
    First drink in front of my parents was on hols in France when I was really thirsty so took my dad's coke and started gulping it down - not realising it was bacardi and coke! The look on my face must have been priceless, dad laughing at me doing it and my mother nearly dying of the shock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

It was a horrible horrible day :o . Few friends and i went down to the school field to jam a little football, one of them had brought a bottle of peach shnapps. Within an hour i was completely off my head, we ended up breaking into some office and getting caught by a couple of$ security gaurds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Almost a full bottle of cream sherry at 14yo. Sick for days after, couldn't even keep water down.
    To this day the very smell makes me nausious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

A good old bottle of Bud,Mmmm
    moved onto Southern Comfort&red via JD&coke and have settled on Guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

First drink I can remember tasting is a Snowball (Advocaat and lemonade topped with maraschino cherries - not hugely alcoholic) given to me by my mum on Christmas morning. Can't remember what age I was. It's become a family tradition though and we still have one every Christmas morning.

When I first started going out drinking it was Diamond White and rum and coke (though never on the same night).

Advertisement