Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Leak

Options
  • 15-12-2005 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard something about 2 schools in town (Loreto and St. Canice's?) and a number of nearby houses being evacuated today because some muppets in a JCB dug up the nearby gas mains - anyone heard anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, but it brightened up my day!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

no schools evacuated, just told to close windows

a few houses were for a while, JCB hit a MAIN gas pipe, lots of anxious folk for a while, though thte fireman that strolled in to tell us didn't seem too anxious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Didn't that happen around the same area about 3 months ago too?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stowney27

yea dere was a gas leak .. i got to the loreto an dey wudn evacuate us but @ lunch they sed it would be wise for anyone who went home for lunch to "leave wit all their belongings and not return"
    it was pretty scary wen we couldn have n e windows or n e tin open but lookin bak its hilarious

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

stowney27 wrote:
    yea dere was a gas leak .. i got to the loreto an dey wudn evacuate us but @ lunch they sed it would be wise for anyone who went home for lunch to "leave wit all their belongings and not return"
    it was pretty scary wen we couldn have n e windows or n e tin open but lookin bak its hilarious

Less of the txt speak please its not like your limited to 160 characters!
    You have a proper keyboard and a 3000+ character limit here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 stowney27

Cabaal wrote:
    Less of the txt speak please its not like your limited to 160 characters!
    You have a proper keyboard and a 3000+ character limit here :rolleyes:

Sorry. I didn't realise people got so offended by the whole text speak thing ... these were my first posts on these boards i wasn't sure how to approach it
    anyway sorry again guys
    Sarah <3<3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yes, it's better to form full sentances. People here are just big bullies ;)

John

Advertisement