Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Good and Evil

Options
  • 15-12-2005 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i spent months looking for this game and eventually decided to fork out for a bit of money on ebay for it(gamecube).and is it me or is it soo very very short. im just talking about the main plot i havent gone back to do any of the subplot type of things except win the races.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Yeah it's pretty short. Only took me about 10 hours to complete it. It's high quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Short and sweet... great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

I bought it the other day, looking forward to starting it. only 9.97 preowned, so u cant go wrong really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i was looking for something more substantial, it was good though just too short i though.they should have expanded the space bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got this cheap (7.50, GC version) in work a few months ago too :) Started it over the summer, actually not finished it. Very good game :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... there are really only 3 major dungeons.

It's far too short... but it's still great stuff and just as much fun to play through again... collecting those pearls makes my brain feel happy.

Ooooh... but what a dark ending... I really want a sequel at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I got this cheap (7.50, GC version) in work a few months ago too :) Started it over the summer, actually not finished it. Very good game :)
    got it for the pc, played for about 5 hours and then stopped.
    then i got it for the cube, played a bit further into it and stopped again...
    must finish the damn thing soon:p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

tman wrote:
    got it for the pc, played for about 5 hours and then stopped.
    then i got it for the cube, played a bit further into it and stopped again...
    must finish the damn thing soon:p
    If you want to continue your trend and finish it on the xbox click the link in my sig...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Ooooh... but what a dark ending... I really want a sequel at some stage.
    It was ment to be a trilogy, but it didn't sell well enough. There are no plans by Ubisoft to make the follow ups. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'd rather 10 hours of fun than 40 hours of drawn-out bollocks tbh. BG&E FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I bought it for the Gc and played it for about an hour. I thought it was good enough but I never went back to it...

Should I have another bash ?

Syth wrote:
    It was ment to be a trilogy, but it didn't sell well enough. There are no plans by Ubisoft to make the follow ups. :(

Why is it that this happens so much? Obviously with the established fan base crying out for more its going to do better than the first (if it lives up to the same standard) bearing in mind that not only would the players of the original get it but since then loads of people have been hearing about it threads like these..sure game companies monitor public interest through forums and stuff no?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Definitely give it another go. I really liked it except for the final boss battle, which was impossible if you didn't know how to do it, but ridiculously easy if you did. Also thought it was a bit short. I'd love to see a next-gen version of it, though

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This article highlights the slim slim possibility of a sequel... I hope it eventually happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ya its good alright and i guess for ten euro it did provie some quality entertainment.a sequel would be brilliant!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ubisoft made 3 great games that year, Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil and XIII, and of those only Prince of Persia was followed up with sequels, the one that didn't really need a sequel of the three!
    And its not likely we will see a follow up to BG&E or XIII which is a real shame given how enjoyable they were, feels a lot lke reading an epic novel and finding the last two-thirds of its page are blank.
    I guess the ultimate fault lies with the consumers, the gamers that bought Fifa whatever or Crash Bandithingy instead, if the sales were there then the sequels would have been made, i guess Ubisoft just couldn't justify throwing good money after bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm gonna have a look in the preowned section of game, hopefully I can pick it up cheap. Might amuse me over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's 2 copies of it on PS2 in GAME in Tallaght preowned, it's 9.97. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why is it that, even though all three games sold badly, only one got a sequel?
    And to top it off, they redesigned the extravagant, sumptous & beautiful PoP, and turned it into a dark, sub-gothic POS? Hell, if they wanted dark & whatnot, BG&E was closer already. And let's not forget about XIII (it revolves around a political plots etc)...

I think I found the link.
    • BG&E -- bring down the corrupt government.
    • XIII -- find out who set you up.
    • PoP -- run around with a sword, jump around a castle, find love(or something).
    There we go; Ubisoft is too scared to make a political statement.

Hey... the Prince was Iranian... that's kind of a political statement... although he had an English accent for some reason.

• Advertisement

was it cos he was evil? English accents do wonders for the bad buy's evilness.

was it cos he was evil? English accents do wonders for the bad buy's evilness.
    It was more of a Gary Elwes charming English accent...

ah. budgetary constraints it was then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But they coulda marketed it to girl gamers.
    Think about it: kick-ass babe who doesn't use guns, doesn't look like she belongs in Penthouse and has her own sense of fashion.
    Perfect role model. And if they don't buy that, their parents will! ;)

Oh, and for the male adolescents here: Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

There's 2 copies of it on PS2 in GAME in Tallaght preowned, it's 9.97. Bargain.
    But Tallaght is so far from Blanch! Can they transfer games within a chain? That'd be cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

If you want to continue your trend and finish it on the xbox click the link in my sig...

lol smooth :D

can someone remind me how the game ended?
    i can only vaguely recall
    use spoilers of course

and yes the game is worth playing, along with PoP the best game i played that from that year if i recall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

After hearing so many great things about the game I picked it up the other day in xtravision for a tenner. Nice one! Haven't really played it much yet apart from the first 20 minutes or so. WoW still refuses to let me go...........

Advertisement