Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Printing onto DVDs

• 15-12-2005 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,
    I just got a printer that prints straight onto CDs and DVDs and printed a load of Infiniti printable DVDs two days ago.
    But even now when I touch the surface, some ink comes off on my fingers.
    Thats after two days of drying.
    Even at this stage you can still leave big thumb prints on the surface.
    Anyone have any advice maybe on brands of printable DVDs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Is your printer a thermal printer?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the manglator

Its an epson stylus photo r1800.
    An inkjet as far as I can see.
    Don't know what a thermal printer is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Is the DVD surface or Matt? AFAIK< injet printers will only print onto dvd's that have a white label applied... Or have a matt finish, Inkjet is essentially liquid, so it won't dry if applied to a plastic surface. Thermal Printers work like a laser printer and apply with heat.
    The flexible Epson Stylus Photo R1800 will give you professional quality on a wide range of media from 10 x 15cm up to A3+ in a variety of weights and finishes. You can even print on compatible CDs.

Complatible cd's/dvd's would be such: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=84348

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

You need to make sure that the discs are the right type. You can buy white or silver inkjet compatible discs.
    using discs that aren't the right type will result in the problem you're seeing.
    check out http://www.svp.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vanessa

unless injet printed discs are coated with a varnish type sealant they will rub off..

thermal print all the way...

i know where you can get them done.. pm me

• Advertisement
Advertisement