Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look what I found in Hunky Dorys bag

Options
  • 15-12-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

Here's the emails I have sent to them so far (without a response)
    See attached pic (although I wouldn't look if you like hunky dorys!)

Good evening,

As you have not yet had the courtesy to even acknowledge my email, let alone my complaint, I have
    no choice but to seek satisfaction via other avenues.

I am amazed that a company as prominent as yours feels it can ignore customers or, even worse, have
    a “Contact us” link on a website which is completely un-monitored.

Yours,

Good morning,

Further to my email yesterday (to which I have yet to receive a reply), I attach photograph of offending organic object.
    As you will probably agree, it would turn anyone’s stomach to discover this at the end of a bag of crisps they had been eating.

Please respond with details of how I should proceed to lodge a complaint.

My regards & thanks,

Good Afternoon,

I discovered a fairly disgusting looking foreign object at the bottom of a packet of Cheese & Onion flavoured “Hunky Dorys” today so I just
    wanted to know what procedure I should follow to make a complaint?

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Thankfully i don't eat Hunky Dorys!....oh that's really disgusting looking! Have you any idea of what it might be?

Maybe you should try calling them? Because alot of firms take a few days to respond to emails.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its a Snot, I gave a batch of mine away last week and they looked just like that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

it looks like a mangled, mutilated, manky crisp. u should see some of the things i have found in my food over the years. a thick corse hair baked into bread, a peice of rubber tubbing in a birds eye lasagne, a peice of metal from a machine in a doughnut, even know a guy who found a blue plaster (used by the catering trade) in an airplane meal on a flight. he sued and got a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Thats disgusting. Usually if you write to the company, enclosing the sample, they will take action, you might manke some money, or a big box of hunky dorys

Looks like Wotsits to me...or a snot...

• Advertisement

Thats disgusting. Usually if you write to the company, enclosing the sample, they will take action, you might manke some money, or a big box of hunky dorys

More than likely the only monetary redress that Sleipnir will get is the refund. She willl then get a apology and a good supply of Hunky crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Gazza22 wrote:
    More than likely the only monetary redress that Sleipnir will get is the refund. She willl then get a apology and a good supply of Hunky crisps!
    TBH I never liked Hunky Dorys that much anyway, but after seeing that I would never eat one again. Which makes me wonder if Sleipnir is feeling the same way, is a good supply of Hunky Dorys really the best redress for this?
    I once found a small piece of a conveyer belt in a chocolate biscuit. Don't wanna mention which type of biscuit because the company was very apologetic and gave me a big bunch of vouchers when I sent it in to them. It was they who said it was a bit of conveyor belt, which seemed right as it was about 3/4" of rubber with threads through the middle. Anyway that was nowhere as bad as this, a conveyer belt sounds appetising compared to this snotball/snail entrails or whatever that thing from the Hunky Dorys really is. Also looks a bit like something from Fear Factor's eating challenge...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and there is 11 more of mine still in the wild , keep them photos coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

No offence Sleipnir, but whats to stop them writing you off as another scam artist who sends in a pic of what they found in the packet of crisps. How can you prove you found it in the crisps?? I think complaints like this have to be verified - probbaly in this instance by the shop where you boughjt the crisps , but again why would they believe you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Looks like a finger to me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ill give you €10 to eat it.:)

hepcat wrote:
    No offence Sleipnir, but whats to stop them writing you off as another scam artist who sends in a pic of what they found in the packet of crisps. How can you prove you found it in the crisps?? I think complaints like this have to be verified - probbaly in this instance by the shop where you boughjt the crisps , but again why would they believe you?

Well the companies generally take your word for it and trust the consumer. Because this sort of thing wouldn't happen very often. They will not be worrying if Sleipnir is telling the truth or not because the main thing on their mind if that the QA department has made a mistake...

How could the shop verify her claim? It's not as if they performed an x-ray before selling them to Sleipnir. They couldn't say "No! That was definitely not in those crisps when we sold them to you".

If the company really wanted to verify Sleipnirs story, they could do it pretty easy. All they have to do is send that thing that was found away for labs. They can tell if it was in there upon manufacture because the air inside crisp packets is Carbon Dioxide and this would be highly present in the knot-like-thing!.........

But that would cost money so they just take your word for it in most cases unless it's serious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

Its time you got on the phone, Sleipnir.

Ring them up.

Tell them that you have already sent 3 e-mails and have not got any response whatsoever. Explain in strong terms that you are sickened by what you have found and extremely annoyed that the company has ignored you and your issue on 3 occassions.

Tell them about this thread, and offer to send them a link. Let them know that an active discussion is ongoing, and that the general consensus is that it is something that has come from someones nose. As a result, people are nauseated and are naturally considering never buying their crisps again.

Ask them to send round a courier so that you can get to them the actual object. Tell them that the least you deserve is a good explanation, fast. And remind them that the people on here are eager to hear it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

What are you looking for a medal? If you annoy the hell out of them enough you might get a free bag of crisps but is it worth your while? Go to the shop you bought it from and demand a new packet of crisps free of charge, its up to the shop to complain to hunky dorys and at the end of the day you bought it from the shop so its their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

You should contact the environmental health sevices of your region. Part of the HSE now as far as I know. They will send the sample to the Public Analysts lab for testing.

Did you try the taste test?

If it looks like snot...and tastes like snot...well then...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Everyone laughs at me for putting my crisps in a bowl before I eat them:confused:

This is why I do it!

Anyway any reply to your mails yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Lol, my mom had a friend a few years back who found a black Corn Flake in her box. She sent the black flake and a complaint letter to the company, they posted back a single crispy flake in an envolope :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Heh... I got a whole POTATOE in my pack of Hunkey Doreys before! I guess the cutting machine missed one? It was flavoured and everything. I returned it to the shop and got a replacment packet. We all got a laugh out of it as it was a spud..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Go bannas at them by phone. I got something very similar except a lot bigger like the size of a fairy cake. After eventually getting through to them they sent me a SAE which was too small to send the offending item. I ended up paying to post the thing and got a voucher worth less than the postage for my troubles. I got angry and rang back and got €60 worth of vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

Raymond Coyle is the name of the owner of Perri Crisps who make Hunky Dory. Send a registerted letter to him & cc it to your solicitor (or make up a solicitor if you have don't have one). GFuarantee you get an answer within 24 hours of them receiving the letter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Hang the bastards out to dry, go to the FDA (Food & Drug Authority). They have the power to shut 'em down!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You are so lucky those snots are tasty! I have been looking for one of those for ages, they are really hard to find.
    lucky, lucky person.

Advertisement