Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD anyone?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Waltons wrote:
    Wait, I just have to take my head out of my ass to see the screen....there we go
    Hooray for generalisations! (sp?)
    Sprry, Waltons, I know not all of them are like that, I know and am good friends with D4's who are lovely and hate the general D4 "thing" but you can't deny that a lot of D4's are like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

None of the small courses like architecture, vet and medicine really have problems with d4 people, not that theyre not there, of course they are, its more to do with these people not making an effort when they are sorrounded by old schoolfriends especially in big courses like commerce and arts where you get quantitatively more (though proportionately the same number) of these people from south Dublin suburbs... This failure to integrate comes not really from snobbery or highmindedness, its like anyone who ends up with their old schoolfirends- you tend to feel like youve already got lots of friends so why bother make new ones now... thats my hypothesis anyway. I really just came here to say...

Somebody has the same avatar as me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

bad Waltons!
    back in your hole
    ba dum tish

ba BUM tish
    :v:
    Le Rack wrote:
    Sprry, Waltons, I know not all of them are like that, I know and am good friends with D4's who are lovely and hate the general D4 "thing" but you can't deny that a lot of D4's are like that...

I wouldn't deny that many of them are like that, no, but I wouldn't say UCD is full of people like that . Of course there are some, but you're going to get some of them anywhere.

eh, they go round in gaggles so it seems there's loads of em...

Only in Arts really. I can actually say I've only seen one D4 person in all of my Science modules. Although there are obviously a few more.

• Advertisement

My cousin, is in her final year of science, and she says that at times it's terrible but then you have times when it's grand, but Orts is really bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In all honesty, I really like UCD. Even after almost 4 years, more down than up, I still really like the place. I've been in science the whole time (first mathematical physics, now computer science) and I've always found the people to be friendly. Though I suppose D4's are a little scared by subjects as nerdy as that! That's the thing about UCD... in a college so big there is something for everyone.
    Tbh, the Orts girls are there to be laughed at... I'm convinced there's a giant vat of orange cement in the middle of Theatre M that is the lifeforce of the D4 girls... they have to go down there to get troweled up in order to live :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Le Rack wrote:
    sure bout that? ;), just kidding, I dunno, ucd is nearly worse, yeah, Trinners has the name of snobbery, but at least it's not Abercrombie central, with a bad D4 accent to boot, and let's not forget the oodles of make up, the fake tan and the "my head's up my own ass" attitude.

I'm doin Arts and yeah there are loads of d4heads and i fucuking hate that type your talking about but in all honesty they keep to themselves. They're really are outnumbered by culchies anyway! in fact it should be Ahrrts rather than Orts!
    Anyway if someone looks down their nose at me i fucuking well break it!!

Pick a college because of the course you want to do rather than the stereotypes

PS...beware depending on what course you do, trinity can be just as bad for d4types!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Maths and/or physics was what I was thinking of. I was always planning on going to TCD simply because its (much) easier to get to from where I am. As far as I know there isint much between the two; I really liked the sound of Horizons thingy in UCD but its just too much hassle getting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maths and/or physics was what I was thinking of.
    Well I did 3 years of a mathematical physics degree in UCD... any questions post them here or drop me a PM. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

In fairness, trinners *are* winners

Advertisement