Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend broadtalk?

• 15-12-2005 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

i notice most people here are using blueface. i was thinking of singing up with broadtalk as i can get a local number with the pay as you go option whereas with blueface i cant. can anyone give some feedback on broadtalk?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

All I know is that I have heard the support isn't great. Blueface Support is second to none.

I would imagine the call quality is much the same, I think the rates are probably similar too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Broadtalk lock the ATA to their service where as blueface don't, this will make it harder to change or use multiple service providers

I couldn't find broadtalk rates on their site. Does anyone know if they are published?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

paulm17781 wrote:
    I couldn't find broadtalk rates on their site. Does anyone know if they are published?

You mean this?
    http://www.broadtalk.ie/callplans/rates.htm

I'd imagine their almost exactly the same as what Blueface has

Cabaal wrote:
    I'd imagine their almost exactly the same as what Blueface has

That's what I thought but I couldn't find them. Thanks Cabaal.

EDIT: A quick glance of where I call (Australia & Ireland) Blueface is cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

does anyone know any shops in galway where i can buy these phones?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

el_gaucho wrote:
    does anyone know any shops in galway where i can buy these phones?

Do you mean a IP-Phone or a ATA?
    If so I highly suggest you buy them on-line as you'll get MUCH better value then the likes of PC World (if they even have such items)

When it comes to VoIP all I've ever seen in shops (3G stores) are the USB Skype phones and their for sale at crazy prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Try www.italk.ie

They're based in Galway. I've bought a fair bit of VOIP gear off them (Grandstream phones, and Sipura ATAs). Yer man's name is Brian, he'll sort you out.

Advertisement