Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Catholics be banned from the workplace

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

What by the way what the hell is "religous gossip"? ...

"You hear Mary and Jo have one on the way"

"I never, sure she and Jo just started living together"

"I know, seemingly Jane down the road, you know Davids mother, heard from Paul's dad who knows the sister, that they were doing it back when they were betroved, sure she shouldn't even be in the same room as Jo!"

"I never, and she already has a bun already in the oven, those Galilee women, dirty slapper"

... that kinda thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

should members of the Klu Klux Klan be allowed to parade around the streets in their ceremonial dress, hold ceremonies of massive crowds to discuss their ideologies? should they be allowed to make public statements about how black people are inferior?

You do realise they are perfectly entitled to do this in America?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

For that matter, they probably are here, too. There's little enough regulation of hate-speech here; I'm undecided on whether this is a bad thing or not. Attempting to regulate bigots out of existence seems like a strange approach...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

They'd probably stop it heredue to public morality reasons or attempting to incite violence.
    Freedom of speech here is nowhere near America, we don't even have a guarantee of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement