Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re: Loss of power under reevs

Options
  • 15-12-2005 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey!
    If my bridges are not yet burned perhaps i may ask a question or two!
    My 93 1.4 mk3 golf is having a lot of trouble starting at any time cold or not and when it finally does get going it stalls if put under to much pressure(reeving) but when it gets going and gets it out of its system its grand and drives very well. I'm new to engines so i've posted some pics and perhaps maybe you could point out where the fuel filter is located and also in the center of pic 3 maybe you cold tell me if sludge in this, whatever it is is a problem? the breather pipe into the air filter enclosure has been removed and also a little copped filter, pic 4. My main concern is that it may have been clocked, theres 60,000 on her
    Also theres a little oil around the carb(but not in it) and on the electrics of the carb, could this be a problem?
    1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Advertisement