Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic SCART Question

Options
  • 15-12-2005 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Basically the situation is my parents bought a DVD player for their bedroom, they already have a digibox connected to the TV, there is only one SCART connection and when I try to daisychain the DVD player through the digibox, the picture quality from the player is unwatchable, but the digibox quality is fine.

Is there any simple way around this (without changing the TV) ?
    Is there anything comercially available like a SCART double adapter (and if so where could I buy one) ?
    They dont want to have to go unplugging stuff every time they want to go watching one or the other.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

you can buy scart extension leads that have upto 5 scart sockets on them, for less than €30 in Argos, or if you want to get fancy you can get a scart controller box that once it sences a signal it will accept it and sent it to the tv.

Only one thing is tell your old folks not to have the digibox and the dvd player on at the same time because its not good for the tv ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

That sounds just the ticket, cheers sparky.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Damn Straight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Sometimes have the same device in tesco

Maplin have a remote control scart switcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sparky-s wrote:
    Only one thing is tell your old folks not to have the digibox and the dvd player on at the same time because its not good for the tv ;)

Why ?

ZEN

• Advertisement
Advertisement