Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around Waterford

Options
  • 15-12-2005 10:25pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't know what the rest of you think but the below picture is a joke, not only are the cars taking up all the path but theirs barely enough room to walk in between the cars in some spots...nevermind if you were in a wheel chair.

Surely the cops or somebody should be taking care of this type of stuff around the town.
    15122005(008)-705699.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Had to look at that pic a few times before I actually realised where it was :o

I think coming up on christmas everybody (almost) with a car that cant find a space wihin 5 minutes begins to suffer with an acute case of "ah****itillleaveithereforawhilesinceidontcareless-itis".

But the particular spot in the pic is always bad, i've often wondered how half the cars there actually manage to get out at all without every other car having to move first.
    EDIT : Actually i'd imagine it would be something likethis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i agree with this thread. down the south parade (thank you maps :)) the other evening i had to walk onto the road to get past a car parked on the footpath. like you, i thought "wtf would one do if they were in a wheelchair?"

ignorant bastards have no consideration for anyone

another thing that pisses me off is when someone parks their car illegally and then puts on the flashing lights thinking this is ok for 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

another thing that pisses me off is when someone parks their car illegally and then puts on the flashing lights thinking this is ok for 10 minutes

The old "Illegaly parked car here! please nick me!" signal known to all traffic wardens.:D Nothing like drawing attention to yourself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The traffic warden got a LOAD of cars around the New Street/Stephen Street area about two weeks back, was very funny looking at almost every car having a ticket for either parking on yellow lines or on the path.

He even got two cars for parking on yellow lines on the hill that comes down where The Temple Bar pub used to be, one of them had flashing lights on :D

Other then that though I think they need more wardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Other then that though I think they need more wardens
    Or make the existing ones work harder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Shanerie

some friends used to live up the street opposite (in pic), cars there
    are pretty much always parked like that, mostly by the folks
    who live in them houses, and the occasional beer drinker.
    They usually park so they dont box each other in, apart from that
    gimp in the porsche.

Ever parked in the new multistory? id have an easier time fitting into a nun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

c - 13 wrote:
    But the particular spot in the pic is always bad, i've often wondered how half the cars there actually manage to get out at all without every other car having to move first.

Well somebody ain't that good at getting out of such a parking spot, as I was passing these cars a jogger tripped over a cars wing mirror ;)
    ...and I'm not just talking the glass it was the whole bloody wing mirror, fitting from the car and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well yesterday i was with my girlfiend in her car. We had to wait for about 10mins before we could pull off as some silly woman had boxed us in and about 8 other people also. I say she felt like a right fool when getting into her car and seening all of us waiting around for her to move off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Parking on footpaths is just not right. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Saw another coule of cars getting done for parking on the path along o' connel street today, 'twas funny watching the warden passing down the line of cars putting tckets on each of them as he went :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Try walking down the "pedestrianised " part of Georges st before 11 in the morning its a nightmare , I saw one car last Saturday reversing the whole way down the street with people walking around everywhere !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

meldrew wrote:
    Try walking down the "pedestrianised " part of Georges st before 11 in the morning its a nightmare , I saw one car last Saturday reversing the whole way down the street with people walking around everywhere !

Fully agree. As for the Quay.....only in Waterford (or Ireland) could you block an entire lane of a dual carriageway on a national route to deliver spuds!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Freddie59 wrote:
    Fully agree. As for the Quay.....only in Waterford (or Ireland) could you block an entire lane of a dual carriageway on a national route to deliver spuds!:rolleyes:

Only in Waterford/Ireland would a fantastic river front like the Quay be made in to a carpark! The mind boggles! The should built 3 more spacious multistory car parks and clear the cars off the Quay. You could really do a good job of the quay: put resturants on it, trees, nice paving, etc.

Going slightly off-topic, I'd reduce the Quay to a single carriageway, as soon as the bypass is finished, and made a hude pedestrian space. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You know whats HORRIBLE and WRONG?

People parking in Disabled Car Park Spaces.

Sully04 wrote:
    You know whats HORRIBLE and WRONG?

People parking in Disabled Car Park Spaces.

strange you should say that, in Kilkenny there's two people in wheelchairs that go around town ticketing cars that are parking in disabled spots
    seen it in the kilkenny voice a few months back

Nobody is ever going to argue with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

True. My dad gives out like mad to peopel who park in the commercial parking spaces if they have a normal car, something to do with extra tax being paid for a parking space. But teh disabled ones, thats just worng and they should actually be getting 2 points off their licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

thats just worng and they should actually be getting 2 points off their licence.

actually, thats not a bad idea

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mossy Monk wrote:
    actually, thats not a bad idea

Not a bad idea?

Its a ****ing brilliant idea.

I say we ask the Government to hear our voices and do what we ask.. ;)

Advertisement