Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you study?

Options
  • 16-12-2005 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I was studying on 4th floor library but the ag science heads seem to have colonised that floor, its pretty noisy, so I'm down in arts 1st floor, much cooler down there and not as warm and sicky which is cool. Sometimes study at home but too many distractions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At home. I get no work at all done in the library. Though my room *does* host all my consoles, so maybe not such a good idea! I sometimes study in the restaurant in the science block too, just put my headphones on and pick something good from iTunes on my laptop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Also at home. I can't honestly confess to having done any actual 'study' yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

4th floor too, I totally understand what you mean about the ag science people, they should be made study out on one of the football fields!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I usually study in my car for the few hours before the exam. Right now tho Im at home and Cant bring myself to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I generally sit at home and blankly stare at blackboard till about 3 or 4 hours before the exam. Then I cram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

at home when i do any

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Nowhere, cos I dont have any exams :D

Sorry... I'll be going away now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I stay awake for a while the night before an exam, then I lose interest and think I can bluff but by the time of the exam I'm too tired to think.
    YOu'd think I'd learn but I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

at home as i think ucd is **** to study in.cannot get nothing done in lib,and also just search the net in college but at home have to do study or will get my ass kicked:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

i normally study on the 3rd floor of the library...i don't have a problem with concentrating in the library...but my house is a completely different story...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Waltons wrote:
    I can't honestly confess to having done any actual 'study' yet though

Me too! :confused::(

I honestly can't answer this question cos I can't remember having studied before (in UCD)! :eek: Oh dear god, I'm starting to see why I suck at stuff...

For my history exams, I was perched here (on my computer at home) going through lecture notes, typing up summaries, and printing them out -- then reading them on the bus on the way in, or waiting at the exam centre.

I guess that counts actually:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well i dont have any exams but after the shambles that was my first semester i have a lot of catching up to do over christmas.

I have never been able to study in the library. Too noisy and always way too hot. I have had many a nice little nap there though.

So home it is....although I usually have to switch off t'internet in order to get anything done :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Library for me. Can't study at home - too many distractions. With that said, there are parts of the library where you would be better employed to study in a zoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mufasta

i don't think i should tell people this but quinn is by far the best place to study. everybody seems to go to the library leaving quinn very spacious and way more comfortable. don't tell everyone tho shhhh:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

mufasta wrote:
    i don't think i should tell people this but quinn is by far the best place to study. everybody seems to go to the library leaving quinn very spacious and way more comfortable. don't tell everyone tho shhhh:cool:
    dont like those desks and stuff, plus when youre in quinn it's just rude not to avail of the facilities and mess on the interweb

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I find it hard to study anywhere in UCD. Lots of attractive girls about. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭muffin_man

I agree that the the library really is a terrible place to study! It's so noisy and hot and the librocops seem to do nothing about people talking, only people texting! Well I got news for ya, texting doesn't make any noise but talking does so they should really prioritise!

Luckily though, I have this little quiet room in which to study that very few people know about! I'd like to tell you all, but then I'd have to kill you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

When I was in UCD I'd usually study on the lib 4th floor or the resteraunt or in eng. Now I don't have exams till January, but I will be studying for them in our special soundproofed postgrad room in the library - comes complete with armchairs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

muffin_man wrote:
    Luckily though, I have this little quiet room in which to study that very few people know about! I'd like to tell you all, but then I'd have to kill you!

studying in the old toilet cubicles eh?!:D
    blondie83 wrote:
    I will be studying for them in our special soundproofed postgrad room in the library - comes complete with armchairs

armchairs, ARMCHAIRS! I DEMAND an armchair, just to think how much better I'd do in exams if I had an armchair to study in...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Library sucks for studyin.
    The library has become a giant interent cafe without the coffee!
    Whats with the stupid security does it f**k matter who uses the library total waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Kingkong wrote:
    Library sucks for studyin.
    The library has become a giant interent cafe without the coffee!
    Whats with the stupid security does it f**k matter who uses the library total waste of money
    1st year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭muffin_man

Must be a first year! He'll understand why they don't let just anyone in when summer comes around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Library 2nd floor. Around the area where the History section is.
    Does the job, I find.

Otherwise, I study at home, but there's too many f**king distractions there.

Having said all that, I do very little study generally anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Library, 2nd floor, either facing the windows looking out over the lake, or just behind the philosophy section.

I can't study at home at all, it's too quiet (and my desk is buried under a mountain of clothes). In the library there's always someone to smoke/go for lunch with. Also I like the camaraderie of everyone panicking together.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

if you've all day or you've an exam over there the library, common room or the long room in blackrock are all excellent. very quite, comfy, temperature's about right too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

temperature is so important!i hate it when its hot and i have to study!. i used to study in the commerce or law section but stupid first years and general bimbos pissed me off with their constant chat. so i moved myself to the place close to information desk 2 in the arts section. anyone know which subject? i never pay attention. i sit facing a wall so i cant get distracted, works brilliantly! seems to be a lot of medicine and veteniary students round there actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

215 Rumpoles, Porterhouse, Dublin 2... got most of my best exam tips from the barflys...

Otherwise I study at home. I hate the library, it's too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

I study at home. Gets the same result as studying anywhere else, except it's more comfortable. Having said that, I have done next to no study this year.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I study in the commerce section of the library. I think I failed marketing yesterday though, so I might re-evaluate that strategy.

Nah, I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

just to let everyone know there is no chance that hullaballoo failed marketing!!!

Advertisement