Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom seemed to upped their speed

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

halenger wrote:
    *prods the "upgrades-on" switch impatiently* :)

I really am impatient. The upload is the main thing of interest to me. It'll make a lot of things go smoother (VNC/working from home etc). Anyway, I was looking yesterday but I couldn't see a sign of a date mentioned for this upgrade. Didn't we have a date last time? 1st week of January -versus- last week in January. Makes an ever so slight difference.
    yup i can't wait, i just got a short term job now where i work from home and connect through VNC and it will make it less of a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Mid-January is a pain :( I want more upload RIGHT NOW. As soon as UPC/NTL come around I'm moving to them even if they don't upgrade to 10Mb my phoneline cannot support the new speeds the SNR keeps going down to 0.0dB and disconnecting. I've got a feeling it's related to the upgrades and it bodes badly for my line :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Anyone have solid details on whats happening to the caps?

I've already hit my cap for the month and there's still 10days left this month ... ffs :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I haven't heard of anyone being charged for going over their caps yet. Personally I think we'll see unlimited data transfer before we them charging for it.

On the Rathmines exchange. Still 1MB down 128 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭bullpost

No luck in Dun Laoghaire exchange. Still 1MB down 128 up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Just got a more detailed email back from technical support department of netsource.
    Shane

Eircom are only doing a pilot scheme at the minute, and are only
    seeing how feasable an upgrade would be. Thus we dont have a date as
    to when or if they will be upgrading everyone at all.

They are testing putting your 2Mb line up to 3Mb with 384k up.

Any other queries please let us know.

Netsource Support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mid-January is a pain :( I want more upload RIGHT NOW.
    Yeah me too, hurry it up there eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Shamo wrote:
    Just got a more detailed email back from technical support department of netsource.
    Straight from the horses mouth - thanks for that Shamo.
    Good to know, even if it's bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Shamo wrote:

Weird. They had a press release out there a couple of months ago saying that the lines would be upgraded - there was nothing mentioned about feasibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

penexpers wrote:
    Weird. They had a press release out there a couple of months ago saying that the lines would be upgraded - there was nothing mentioned about feasibility

Don't think there was an official press release, just eircom telling the re-sellers they'll be trialing faster speeds. I can't see them not upgrading in january though, especially since Smart are going to be offering the 6Mb/512K package to customers who want to keep it after christmas for an additional price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

But Netsource did reveal that their packages would recieve a speed increase in January, so its definitely more than just a test/trial, I couldn't imagine a tech support guy/girl giving out much info anyway until theres a press release so I doubt theres much to worry about as regards upgrades not coming in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok I am on 2mb BTBB , what I wanna know is how much I will be going up to is 3mb or 4mb, plus I would like know does anyone have any idea when the upgrades are actually going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

WDK wrote:
    Ok I am on 2mb BTBB , what I wanna know is how much I will be going up to is 3mb or 4mb, plus I would like know does anyone have any idea when the upgrades are actually going to happen.
    3mb down/384kb up.
    In mid to late January...supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Nothing in Celbridge, (Dundrum exchange according to the Smart checker)

859 down 76.6 up.
    Is that normal by the way? Am I wrong to assume it should actually be 1Mb/128Kb? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

No that is probs right as it's RADSL (rate adaptive)
    When I was with Eircom I only got 719/106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sagawa

i work 4 eircom bb and all the lines we have been provisioning for the past 2mths have been 2mb

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so then what date do we all get this upgrade then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

No change in Sligo (rathedmond) yet either.

Advertisement