Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really sick website!!!

Options
  • 16-12-2005 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Okay i know its nothing to do with DIT or anything but I go here,so i was wondering if any of yee nice people could help me out!
    I got a forwarded email today from someone who is looking for people to sign a petition over a really fu*ked up website that promotes cruelty to kittens and tries to justify it as art.After looking at the website I actually felt sick that someone could do that do the poor devils and that other people actually buy it.Take a look yourself http://www.bonsaikitten.com.
    Anyway,does anyone know of anyone/thing that could help shut this website down?
    Thanks,
    Sorchaxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 splurcs

oh thanks for that.Thats a really messed up joke but i guess i should be grateful its not real.That really disturbed me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Lol, thank christ you posted it in here and not a larger forum. I made the mistake of being gulible enough to believe it and posting about it in After Hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

The best thing you could do is make EVERYBODY you know sign the petition. Most of these petitions that get forwarded have JScr-t (Version 2) fields in the Header. These fields check the NUMBER of signatures in EACH email that is sent. Once the number of signatures reaches the pre-defined value (you can check the values in the HTML Data-Base by PRESSING ctl+shift+ampersand) the petition is re-calibrated and the node DATA is forwarded on to the Domain manager of the Errant Website. Just to be Clear, the website will either be identified by its IP-wireline connection, or its Uniform Resource Lookup (URL) Parameters. This can be checked by using any Hyper-time transport packet (HTTP) analysis tool, such as "MyWebSearch", or any of the formatter tools by 180 Solutions.

These scripts, like most connectivity-reliant internet applications unfortunately, are extremely context specific. This means that you REALLY need to use the same "initalization-parameters" as the originator OF the online petition. UNFORTUNATELY there is no way to know *PRECICELY* what these name/value tuples are set to, or even if they ARE tuples, or n-tuples, where 'n' is, of course, the iteration of the field count in the header.

Put in PLAIN english, this means that you will probably need to change the locale of each signatory body on the petiton to the same country as that of the initiator of THE first email. Sometimes, when I can't perform a DNS lookup, or whois command (when I'm on my new Solinx terminals :D ) I just set the LOCATION to Ontario, Canada. This Usually has the desired effect.

There is a good organisation here who have helped shutdown P2P organisations like Bonzai-Kitten before, check out thier forums, under the "Affermative Web Initiative" : http://www.affermative-web-action.org/forums/noP2P/Action

Good Luck;) :D :v:

Brian,

(2nd Year Computer Science!!1)

I know I'm really feckin gullible,but it did look real.I shoiuld of been suspicious when the whole 'putting a baby in the box' joke was made!ah well at least i'm at ease now.Thats alot of effort from the sick pranksters though!
    Thanks Briano but your a wee late,you probably didn't see the 2nd post.Thanks for the help though(to be honest i didn't understand a word you said but thanks!!!!)

• Advertisement

splurcs wrote:
    Thanks Briano but your a wee late,you probably didn't see the 2nd post.Thanks for the help though(to be honest i didn't understand a word you said but thanks!!!!)
    Don't worry, neither did I.

Binomate wrote:
    Don't worry, neither did I.
    Lol.Are you blonde too?

Not quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its not a patch on lemonparty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

its not a patch on lemonparty
    that's my homepage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

heh heh.. I love stuff like that. Not cruelty to animals etc, but satire.. remember Brass Eye... good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

briano wrote:
    There is a good organisation here who have helped shutdown P2P organisations like Bonzai-Kitten before, check out thier forums, under the "Affermative Web Initiative" : http://www.affermative-web-action.org/forums/noP2P/Action
    High five to Briano...! roflmfao :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

that's my homepage

i have it as my wallpaper.

In my bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

i emailed this website 8 years ago to some of my work colleges
    it got sent around the office and ended up with most of the girls crying.
    some people really are guilable - although im sure there are some sick freaks in america that are trying to do it, always in america

Advertisement