Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamiya Plastic Models

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Did you try Marks Models in Dublin yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Coolwings,

Same idea as myself Marks Models but their prices arent great, that is no offence to the guys in there and only recently my eyes have been opened as to the reason for the high prices of the kits (I have this board to thank me for that knowledge).

I order almost all my models from Japan, I am waiting on this .... http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM20032 (and by the looks of it I got the last one!!!) including delivery it has cost me less then 16 Euro.

Here is the model you are looking for Spitfire, http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM24268 unfortunately not in stock but try this company http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e.asp?Bno=&Typ1_c=102&Typ2_c=106&Typ3_c=438&SPage=1&SC=175&SN=Autos+1%2F24+%28Tamiya%29&It_c=10034045&andor=0&scope=0&scope2=0&thumb=1&sortID=1&urikire=1&sort_sort=0&ItKey=&app_url=shop_right_e.asp

I know you said you didnt want to order from Ebay but I have ordered from both these companies and can verify they are perfectly fine, have never had an issue with them. I can also get the Tamiya spray paints from HLJ.

Hope this helps,

Ciaran

PS If it is against the rules to use those links just let me know and I will remove them and sent them to Spitfire in a PM.

PPS Spitfire if you lay your hands on that model I would love to see it when you are finished building it.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Surely its not worth saving 5-10 euro by having to wait for €10 product to ship from Japan :confused:

I have to admit though that some of the stuff Marks Models have are waaay overpriced, €50+ for some 1/18 models..

The saving is considerably more the 5-10 euro. For example that Jordan is at least 30 euro in Marks. It will take about 3 weeks to arrive from japan so not to long to wait. Also if you average a saving of 10 euro a model, buying 2 kits in Marks will get you 3 plus postage from Japan. On top of that there is so much more that can be got from Japan that simply cant be got here, aftermarket parts, decals, paints, sandpaper, rubbing compound, masking tape, modelling wax. So include them into the order and it makes a big difference. Also not all modellers buy a kit build, buy a kit built, I have more unbuilt kits then built. The reason I ordered the Jordan is because it is difficult to get so order it while I can get it, could b 12 months before I build it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Ciaran_Dub wrote:
    .... I have more unbuilt kits then built. ...
    You sound like me..
    I have finally admitted to myself that I'm not happy unless I have the next (at least) three projects lying around the house, reminding me what there is to come next.
    I kinda build them in my head a few times before cutting plastic and wood and getting the glue out. ;)

• Advertisement

Nah Coolwings I just keep collecting them...lol..generally just have an idea of what Im going to build next and build it OOB. Not quite got the imagination to start tinkering with kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Hi,

The problem with Tamiya is the Irish distributor is brutal. I run a shop, we are open just over a year, I have rang him 4 times trying to get him to call out but he never has.....very frustrating. In Nuremberg last February I made contact with Tamiya. They gave me a contact in England but they went out of business earlier in the year. Since then I have tried to get tamiya products, but tamiya themselves are very difficult to deal with. I'm heading back to Nuremberg in February, one of my missions is to source a good supplier of tamiya products.......watch this space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Was speaking to a shop owner in tullamore who said the same thing billy, he was saying that with tamiya,they have litrally millions of kits in ALL scales and to get a deal going with them you need to be buying 1000s at a time and the 1/24 scale plastic car kits are his worst seller so its not worth it for him.

One of the problems with ebay was that i dont have a credit card to shop that way at the moment.
    And although its against the rules I contacted the seller of that model about posting him the cash to buy it privat and he said ok so i'm posting the money as soon as I get his address.
    I'm hoping to get some aftermarket bits to use with that model to give a semi-road/race feel.
    I have a metal bburago VW Cup Touring car kit that I built a while ago,I'll post pics when I get my cam working but im going to take it apart and add to it coz at the min its as is in the box.

PS thanks for the links

Edit: sorry I forgot what model I linked to,that touring car is one i want but i'm getting a skyling 2000gt from the ebay seller that i wanna customise.

Advertisement