Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123 Cheats - Feedback

Options
  • 16-12-2005 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm revamping my most established website, 123Cheats.net. It currently
    offers cheats for about 11000 games, but will soon offer cheats for
    25000 games.

Take a look at the current website;

http://www.123cheats.net

Its quite dull. But it is fast loading and relatively easy to use.

Here is the new redesigned 123 Cheats;

http://www.123cheats.net/1/

It is alot more colorful, more pictures, more features. There are still some things
    that need sorting out. But it is almost finished.

I'd really like to know what everybody thinks of it, all feedback and friendly criticism
    is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Good improvement .. nice job. I didn't dig too deep, but it looks/feels fine to me!

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah, nice improvement :)
    I like the use of different colour schemes for the different platforms. (although I don't think the orange PC one is as nice as the other ones like the PS3, which is beautiful)
    Found cheats for the first thing I entered aswell. (hitman)

A thing I noticed was if you search for a game name with a space in the title it returns "Unable to connect to database." which you probably already know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Fortune

A thing I noticed was if you search for a game name with a space in the title
    it returns "Unable to connect to database." which you probably already
    know about.

Actually I hadnt noticed that. Thanks very much for pointing it
    out. I'll work on fixing that right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Looks really good. I tried to go onto it earlier but it was crawling, whereas the main site was running fast. Could have been something on my end though, but one to watch out for I guess.

I also think it's very difficult to read the green on red gradient on the xBox 360 page. Other than that it's a real improvement.

Thats a very good point about the speed. I also found it to be quite slow.
    We've tried fixing it with Caching, and adding links manually, so we wouldnt
    have to request from the database so much. But that is one of the major
    drawbacks. I'll have to look into it further to see how I can decrease loading
    times further.

Thanks for pointing out the green on red gradient. That would be a problem
    with the CSS. I'll get right to fixing that now. I really appreciate your opinion.

• Advertisement

I've had some complaints of the website loading the top half of the page first
    and then the second half from 5 to 10 seconds later in Internet Explorer. I know
    it loads fine in Mozilla Firefox. I would like to know if it happens to anyone else in
    Internet Explorer. Also if you have Opera or Safari or any other browsers could
    you please take a look at the website and tell me how it loads. Thank you very
    much.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The revamp has failed to load properly for me so far (FF1.5). It's really slow, and when it does load it appears that the css isn't loaded with it. Main site runs perfectly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

CuLT wrote:
    The revamp has failed to load properly for me so far (FF1.5). It's really slow, and when it does load it appears that the css isn't loaded with it. Main site runs perfectly though.
    I'm having the same problem using mozilla... well that is, I am now, when I checked it a few days ago, it seemed to load fast enough and there were no problems loading the style sheet.... think you broke something in the mean time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

still borked on both FF1.5 and IE6.1.2.3.4.54.6

Sigh. I'm looking into it now. I've just noticed that the main page this morning doesnt load for me either, but after reloading a few times it eventually loads. The other pages seem to work first time for me also.

Does anyone have problems with the subpages of the website? Please let me know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement