Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New T.V. + dvd recorder

• 16-12-2005 3:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

confused: Could any of you technical boffins out there help me. Choosing a T.V. + dvd recorder +delivery system has become a nightmare. I'm in Tipperary on Chorus ( Sagem box for main T.V and old "Jordan "box for second T.V. )I'd like to replace the T.V. on the Jordan decoder with a widescreen T.V. , HD ready. The T.V. is a toss up between a 32" CRT and LCD but I've read that analogue is not good on LCD T.V's-too much pixillation-not good considering they can be 2000e +. I've also read that HD compatable DVD recorders are available to "boost" standard dvd's to HD--anybody any experience of this ??. Lastly I'm prepared to lose the Jordan box for a freeview box if possible but are these available with chanell 4 ? Sky is also a possibility but I'd have to replace the whole system and I don't think Chanell 4 is available on Sky ?? ( Yes, I can't do without C4--sorry ! )
    I'll be going to my local dealer at the weekend but hav'nt always found him up to speed. Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:D That should of course be a "Jerrold " decoder box . Another reason for getting rid of it is that I bought a sony dvd recorder from Amazon last year and it won't tune in any stations at all from that decoder. My local dealer says its putting out vhf signal as opposed to uhf. Complications.....complications !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

The pixilation only really show up on bigger tvs with a high resolution. Ive seen it really bad on a 50 inch HD tv but on a 32inch it wont be that bad but you'll see some pixely bits.
    I dont have a vast knowledge on this but i dont think youd be able to get a freeview signal in tipperary but i could be wrong.
    Well if its possible to record in High definition it would be pointless because i dont think anything broadcast in hd over here but i sky high definition is coming soon.
    I hope ive been a little bit of a help.

Advertisement