Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Music to torture you bye

• 16-12-2005 4:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

After reading about one of the ways the good old USA torture people, by blasting repetitive music at a person very loudly for a very long time (barney song, guns and roses etc), i came up up with a short list of bands that would get me spilling the beens in no time. It go's as follow's:

1 Savage Garden
    2 james Blunt
    3 the thrills

They were the main three that came to mind,

So my question to you, is what would music would make spill the beans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That gawd auful westlife song that's out at the moment. "You raise me up" or somesuchthing.

If they just put the snippit from the ad in a loop I would crack in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Andy-Pandy wrote:
    After reading about one of the ways the good old USA torture people, by blasting repetitive music at a person very loudly for a very long time (barney song, guns and roses etc)

GNR loudly over and over again is hardly torture :D

i will go with your 3, really really horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    GNR loudly over and over again is hardly torture :D

i will go with your 3, really really horrible

I would agree about gnr, but there one of the groups that have been used before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Westlife.
    Westlife.
    Westlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

The Corrs
    Madonna
    Westlife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

One man would strike fear into the hearts of all who heard his voice. So much so, that I dare not mention his second name:

Ronan (Second name withheld)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I was watching a Channel 4 recreation of Guantanamo Bay torture techniques a while ago and was very amused to find that to torture the prisoners they were playing "Subhuman" by Throbbing Gristle which I had had on repeat earlier in the day and was enjoying immensely.

Oh and personally I'd give up all my secrets at the thought of someone playing Guns 'n' Roses at me. Axl Rose and James Blunt = two whiny *****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I have to say that song 'lemon tree', that was out a good while back used to raise a cold sweat on the back of my kneck. Especially as it was on loop for about 6 months when I was working in Dunnes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

travis
    james blunt
    white stripes
    thrills..

just some of the gawd awful boring bands that have as much appeal to me and cutting myself open in a bathtub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Anything that fits the 'trendy singer songwriter, grow your hair long and messy and wear brown chords' genre with flat with flat toned vocals. I hate for example Athlete etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Goodshape wrote:
    That gawd auful westlife song that's out at the moment. "You raise me up" or somesuchthing.

If they just put the snippit from the ad in a loop I would crack in no time.

^^ This man knows what he's talking about. I too am affected by it and i think the scars will never heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

black eyed peas
    coldplay
    james blunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Barbara Streisand. They should play her through the speakers at Abhu Graib or however you spell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Christmas music

Seriously - play Christmas music all year round - and you'll be searching for the shoelaces...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

bananaphone

doop doobee doobee doop

^^^

I love that song

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

me too, but It would drive me crazy if I had to listen to it over... and over... and over....

you ever seen the flash animation for it? :)

yeah, i got great enjoyment out of that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Mordeth wrote:

bananaphone

doop doobee doobee doop

hahahaha!"!! oh man that was classic!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

COLDPLAY, they'd make me do anything in less than 10 minutes of repeating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭samo

That song by the Black Eyed Pea's (My hump or something like that??) is particularly evil and liable to make the strongest of wills break under regular exposure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

oasis
    libertines
    babyshambles

everything else is bearable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Wasn't there some old fella in Germany a few years back who got charges dropped against him for smashing up his neighbour downstairs' stereo because the 12-year-old daughter had gone out for the night and left Whitney Houston "I will always love yoooooooou" on repeat, and full volume....? IIRC the judge ruled he was justified on grounds of "intolerable something-or-other"! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Radiohead, make them all kill themselvs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

1 westlfe
    2 ronan bleating sorry keating
    3 micheal cracer jackson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

James Blunt - inspiring murderous rage in the most calm people since whenever he crept out of the woodwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

westlife.
    and all things of such style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Mordeth wrote:

bananaphone

doop doobee doobee doop

i swear to god that flash animation actually happened to me...the song was all that was going through my head, first thing when i woke up, last thing when i went to sleep. they were bad times...

As for torture...BE-WITCHED!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

most of those tunes are designed to be liked though.... if i were going to torture someone with sheer evil mind shreddign disorientating music i would put on music designed specifically for that...

probably some 300 bpm gabba-death-speedcore, anything on record labels like Bloody Fist, Evol Intent, Killing Sheep, Ghetto Safari, Black Monolith Breaks, or Outbreak Recordings, Rotterdam terror Squad...

that would have them spilling the beans in a day or two... for an illiterate peasant who's probably never heard any music other than panpipes and goatskin drums to be subjected to a barrage of chainsaw samples and distorted kickdrums sped up chipmonk hip hop vocals and random screams sampled from the goriest of horror movies.... easy. hell, most people i know who actually like that stuff cant take it for more than 18 hours nonstop before their nerves get shot and they have to find silence... i can only take it in VERY short bursts

Advertisement