Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are games bad for ye?

Options
  • 16-12-2005 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

ive recently got hooked on bf2 but i think it has bad effects on me , I see people in the distance and try and picture them in sniper vision and im always lookin at buildings for good shottin spots , it cant be good to spend hours virtually killing people , why wouldnt a game where you go around helpin peole out be popular why do we find such joy in the closest simulation to brutal real life conflicts we can find surely its a part of us we should shun rather than indulge in .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

bit of a stupid question isn't it?
    common sense says any form of addiction is bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

marvin2k wrote:
    I see people in the distance and try and picture them in sniper vision and im always lookin at buildings for good shottin spots

You're quite deranged. Seek professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

So long as you channel your murderous instincts onto people deserving of it you should be fine. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I punch things when i play it and i get killed stupidly. Thats pretty much all games tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I punch things when i play it and i get killed stupidly. Thats pretty much all games tho.

I also puch things when I die stupidly, like when I reload a gun and then this guy comes from around the corner and mows me down.

Its usually my CRT that takes the brunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Guys... sounds like you have issues :rolleyes:

ambro25 wrote:
    Guys... sounds like you have issues :rolleyes:

Ok mostly I punch things when I get booted from a server for having huge pingtime, thats the one that really gets me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

marvin2k wrote:
    ive recently got hooked on bf2 but i think it has bad effects on me , I see people in the distance and try and picture them in sniper vision and im always lookin at buildings for good shottin spots , it cant be good to spend hours virtually killing people , why wouldnt a game where you go around helpin peole out be popular why do we find such joy in the closest simulation to brutal real life conflicts we can find surely its a part of us we should shun rather than indulge in .

Dude ............... go for a walk !

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

the only people who think games are bad for u are 'mad as a brush' religious american types!

ghost26ie wrote:
    the only people who think games are bad for u are 'mad as a brush' religious american types!

Preach!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i remember reading about some study done in some fancy university somewhere where they discovered after lengthy sessions of gaming (say hl2 for example), walking around the streets or whatever, you're at a much more hightened state of awareness, and will take note to ANYTHING that may resemble something from the game.

i had this experience (using hl2 as an example) when i heard a courrier on a bike jetting past. his little radio thingy sounded like combine radio chatter... nearly crapped myself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Anyone every play Alien V's Predator2? after a weekend LAN of that i'd still be hearing the blip... blip... blip... of the motion detector in work on a monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

IG-Calibre wrote:
    Anyone every play Alien V's Predator2? after a weekend LAN of that i'd still be hearing the blip... blip... blip... of the motion detector in work on a monday morning.

lol that game was class !! Loved being the marine, you were on the edge the whole time :))

TO OP

NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

AvP2 is on of the best video games ever imo (feels a bit dated now though) I just wish the Dev's had made a new one instead of F.E.A.R Although there was a lot of talk about a HL2 mod being made of it, but I guess Fox wouldn't let them do it cause i've never ever heard anything more about it since

Advertisement