Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Mini - Possibly broken but fixable? Need help!

Options
  • 16-12-2005 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

I seem to be in a bit of a pickle. One of my friends gave mer her iPod mini to put some of my music on it because she didn't have a whole lot. I connected it to my computer, and a message box from iTunes said I would need to update the software on the iPod to do anything with it. I clicked yes, and a little update procedure followed. When that ended, a message box appeared saying something like "please connect iPod to an external power supply in order to refresh (or something to that effect) the device's firmware"

I've tried plugging into my computer, my playstation, and a friend's charger, but none of these seem to do anything. Now all I get is a picture of a plug and socket on the screen, and I can't do anything with the iPod.

Please, does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

(sorry for delays..) You must use the iPOD wall charger to continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What karoma says ... you'll have to buy a mains charger (about 29 euro) to complete the firmware update.

Advertisement