Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos

Options
  • 16-12-2005 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Is it worth splashing out for one of the Archos pmp's like the AV400 or the gmini400 or should i just get the new video ipod or zen?

I'm not too clever when it comes to this sort of stuff, all I know is i want a music/video player, that can play most file types, i like the idea of recording video/tv but i don't want to pay too much for it.

Any help would be great?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I have an AV400 and I think it is great

The screen would be bigger than on a video iPod so I guess it depends on how important watching stuff on it is to you. I would imagine that it supports more file types than the iPod but don't know for sure.

The Av400 has a far better screen than the Gmini but doesn't play games like the Gmini

To be honest I haven't used it for recording TV but I do like the fact that you can display the output to TV so I can bring movies over to a friends without lugging DVD's around

Would have no hesitation recommending one but I am sure the other options all have advantages as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Thanks for the input, i really like the look of AV400 but it may be a bit too much to ask for a present for chrimbo. I think its 460, which is way over my budget.

I don't really want an ipod, and the new zen vision m looks good but doesn't excite me as much as the AV400.
    The heart wants what it wants, but it might be a toss up between the zen and the gmini.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've the AV420 and I recommend it too. I got it for €412 (inc shipping) from Pixmania back in September. You might get it before Christmas (48 hour shipping...took a day longer for me though, and people are complaining about Pixmania on the Bargain Alerts forum).

It's €384.95 on eXpansys - don't know about their shipping cost/time.

Recording off TV is great btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

The AV400 is the previous series, the new one is AV500, I got an AV560 in Currys for 450 euro (60GB, 4 inch widescreen)

Advertisement