Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Voice quality

• 16-12-2005 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone got any feedback on the quality of the voice aspect of the Metro service from Digiweb. Mine is rubbish many calls get dropped or the quality is just terrible.

I am using a Siemens DECT phone as my handset

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I will let you know as soon as I get Metro installed... If ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Probably the Dect phone. Any of my friends with Dect phones it is worse than mobiles ringing them. The reliable range does not exceed the room where the base station is unles you have cardboard walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I have an eircom DECT phone and the quality is fantastic with it, as good as any wired phone Ive used. That's through 2 walls and a floor aswell. Did have another Binatone DECT phone before though, absolute ****. Fuzzy even standing right next to the receiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I use a Panasonic DECT with Blueface (VOIP) over cable and it perfect. That's through solid walls too. Saying that the DECT phone and wireless BB may have issues.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

watty wrote:
    Probably the Dect phone. Any of my friends with Dect phones it is worse than mobiles ringing them. The reliable range does not exceed the room where the base station is unles you have cardboard walls.

Maybe with some of the cheaper models, but Panasonic DECT phones are excellent, I regurlarly use mine with a headset while in the other end of the house from the base station (including floor) while on conference calls to the US and the sound quality is crystal clear.

Then it did cost €120, but you do have to pay for quality equipment, I just wish I had bought a dual pair now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

paulm17781 wrote:
    I use a Panasonic DECT with Blueface (VOIP) over cable and it perfect. That's through solid walls too. Saying that the DECT phone and wireless BB may have issues.

I use Philips DECT on a landline and they're perfect. Would these be OK with Blueface?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

My DECT is perfect with Blueface. It'll work just like any other phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

My DECT is perfect with Blueface. It'll work just like any other phone.
    Thanks DOTF:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i do have to say the pannys are good, i have the answer machine model, and if i place it in the window, i can hop down to the shops and still get calls, and im talking 50mtrs away, the siemens couldnt do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Sparky-s wrote:
    i do have to say the pannys are good, i have the answer machine model, and if i place it in the window, i can hop down to the shops and still get calls, and im talking 50mtrs away, the siemens couldnt do that
    I can go all the way into town! :v: With my mobile phone...

Trying to be funny when tired just doesn't work, does it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement