Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP need "COMP3017 Foundations of Computing" past papers

• 16-12-2005 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I need past papers for this course, I went to the course website and it wasn't working, some sort of maintainence on the network by the dept (nice one! day before exam :mad: ), ucd computer services seemed to be inept at explaining this to me tho!

First response to my query about it being broken, was extremely technical;
    "this is not a working webpage thats why it isnt working."

then I sent them a link to the google cache that showed it working yesterday, then they explained to me why it wasn't working then told me to call them if i have a prob because "its not ideal talking about this via email":rolleyes:

I think ucd tech support should stick to handing out memory keys for the moment, cause they haven't mastered the "support" part, of tech support.

ahhh!! stress i need those papers i can barely do question 1!

AHHH!!! exams AAAAHH!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Not a problem for me.

Just log into http://www.ucd.ie/sisadmin/stuweb/

Then go to "information for students" and then onto past papers.

By the way, I feel your pain! It's a horrible course! Do you have to do Formal Syntax as well, or just Foundations?

I'm just hoping a lot of the basic things come up! At any rate, this will be my 'fail' subject (you know the way you can fail one or two and still get into next year... Franz has the dubious honour of being the one I fail)

P.B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

As far as I know the network downtime is unique to computer science. I don't think it has anything to do with UCD computer services.

Franz is a bit of a legend. I have him in final year for 'Concurrent Programming' (a mandatory subject for science students). The subject is similar to 'Foundations of Computing', however Franz is more jovial in it. :)

Legend? LEGEND?

In terms of "Here be ye olde dragoons" legends?

Formal Syntax I love, but FRANZ? LEGEND? LEGEND I ASKS YA? Bah!

"Ze algorizzm muzt be eevizziant!"

I'll NP-complete his ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Have you ever seen franz and julie in the same room at the same time?
    Think about it....

He does take a bit of getting used to. But some people never get there. Nice guy. I liked some of the material on his courses. Aand hiz komikal aaksent.

Zis is triivial to shouu dat de invArient iz de korekt invArient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

I think Fritz giggleheimster is a cool dude. He might look like he drinks brandy for breakfast but he sets nice exams. I was lost doing the practicals for the unit you are talking about last year, but just do the past papers for last 4 years and you will get a good mark. I got 76% and I was failing up until I did the past papers...Good Luck.
    Oh andthe good news is that he teaches a unit in 4th year called concurrent programming. - Its compulsory!!! I hope that past papers strategy works for this one too...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

i got those papers thanks,

I think i'll just fail this one and be done with it, at least i'm doin arts and don't got syntax! it looks like a ball breaker, I hope i don't have franz next year i will probly go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I really liked Formal Syntax. I'm in a minority.

Syntax is cool. Franz's course isn't.

Advertisement