Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 156 "no log book"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good luck with the Accord, HashSlinging. You'll have a lot less trouble when the time comes to sell it compared to the Alfa. Keep the right foot light as that Accord is fond of a drop or two :)
    in fairness Unkel, id say the calibre of car you are looking at are generally more exclusive and higher end. ie generally more likely to be looked after

I haven't always owned cars like my present one! ;)

You'd think that higher end cars would have a better service history but you'll be surprised. My current car does have it, but it is a UK import. It is the norm in the UK to keep up the service history where here it is the exception in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Murt10 wrote:
    Are you sure you could live with one of these with or without a service history. You will spend a lot of tome and money getting it fixed..

Did you own an Alfa Murt10, or are you some kind of cliché watchdog that checks has the same old ****e been trotted out on a thread?

75% of former Alfa owners on boards.ie would buy one again.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054850153

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

guys thanks for everything, walked away.. looked at a MINT accord today its stunning, the same year, only 60k miles, full documented history as well as timing belt at 53k, and only 300 euros more than the 156!!! need-less to say I put deposit on it.

Thanks for the help. very happy with the decision I made with the help from everyone.

...........despite my hatred of Hondas and my love of Alfas I'd say you made a smart decision there, and the missus will be happy !

Looks like a nice one !

Best of luck with it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Thanks , we're picking it up tomorrow. looking forward to my ears getting some peace !!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thanks , we're picking it up tomorrow. looking forward to my ears getting some peace !!:o

Had a 1994 Accord a good couple of years ago and it had 100k when I traded. Not one bit of bother with it except for the radio going a bit bananas towards the end. My one was a 2.0i and it could move, great car. Servicing was a bit more expensive than your standard 2.0 rep mobile but it was a company car so it didn't really bother me at the time.

I would love the new one especially the diesel version but i'm afraid they are just too expensive, maybe in a couple of years. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Yup, there very well put together, the 156 was really nice.. but for family transport in this case the Honda won.

heres the 156

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=329442

Advertisement