Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas treat from Irish Rail!

• 16-12-2005 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would mention it was really nice of the Drogheda station and Irish Rail to throw a little Christmas treat to commuters this morning. There was a free breakfast, friendly smiles and over all a great atmosphere at Drogheda station this morning.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Nice one. Good on them. Pity Bus Eireann didn't do something similar this morning as I took my once yearly journey with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Excellent PR move. It will improve peoples' attitudes to IR, particularly needed after what happened on Wednesday morning with the line closed north of Dublin and whatnot.

I was due to travel by train with a couple of friends up to dublin that morning but we had to make alternative arrangements. We were late arriving in Dublin because of it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Were those delays not due to a death on the line at Harmonstown?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I heard they were, not sure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hi

A free breakfast doesnt count for much in my eyes considering the rail fare prices they charge versus what commuters from balbriggan pay
    Wait till you see, the price of the free breakfast will be incorporated into the increase in rail fares .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

I have to admit, I don't understand their logic in bringing in those dingy old trains (7:18am service for example) - the seats are so uncomfortable and no headrest, sleeping is out of question - I am thinking of bringing a fishing stool in the new year..

Advertisement