Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm Problem

Options
  • 16-12-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys, hope you can help.
    I've got an I.C.E. security systems car alarm on my 97 mazda 323f. it's been working fine until a couple of weeks ago. Whenever i turn the alarm on, it goes off after about 5 minutes for no reason. I can turn it off and on again and the same thing will happen. I've had to disable it, and now use the door key instead. It's really pissing me off, as it controls the central locking too. If anyone has any ideas on what might be the issue that would be great, as getting it into their office is a pain for me, and it could save me some money.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

If you have the instruction book, or can get it from ICE, then you will be able to interpret the cause of the alarm from the number of flashes the LED gives after you disable it !

Most likely a faulty bonnet, boot or door switch in that exact order or an over sensitive ultrasonic sensor. Check around the bonnet area for a switch and ensure its working correctly. Ensure all interior lights are off, and that air vents are closed and pointing away from the sensors when you leave the vehicle !

Has anyone fitted any new electrical components recently ? Is your battery healthy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Have exactly same prob here.
    Why i found works is when u park your car , let the engine cool off (ie. leave it for 10-15mins) and then activate the alarm.
    I think it could be something to do with electricity discharges in the battery or something like that .
    My dad used to have a 323f and did exactly same thing too. Just try leaving it for 15 mins and then activating alarm and then it shouldnt go off anymore.

the negative aspect to this is it causes me to only activate my alarm when goin to sleep .
    if i activate when i go to shops i always return back to my car and fins the alarm to be sounding - annoying but what can ya do!

hope that helps somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hynsey

MercMad wrote:
    Has anyone fitted any new electrical components recently ? Is your battery healthy ?

no new electrical components - it just started happening out of the blue. i'll try get the manual to check the led flashes. i'll also look for those switches.

C_Breeze that doesn't work for me. i just tried it now after the car had been outside my house idle all morning.

thanks for your suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

When you arm the alarm is it giving you any extra chirps?Most alarms with boot or bonnet protection will do this to let you know theres a fault at one of the zones.

I presume youve made sure everything is shut tight ect ect

Im not familiar with the alarm so thats all the help i can give really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The other thing to think about is does it have motion sensors in it?
    My car used to go off for no reason until I noticed I had accidently bumped one of the sensors so it was pointing towards the window. I moved it and it never went off again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement