Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Radio problems

Options
  • 16-12-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

the radio in my new car has been giving me problems. Its struggles to read some cds. Sometimes when its trying to read a cd it makes a lot of noise (a kind of squealing) and then displays "cd error". It'll sometimes play part of the cd and then f*** up when it changes track. Its a blaupunkt. I heard they're pretty good so I wasn't expecting any problems with it. Any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

What make/model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Could be lots of things. Some older CD players (how old is your "new" car?) have trouble reading CD-R's, for example, even more have trouble with CD-RW's. Also some players have trouble with CD's that contain copy protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Oops. Just read your post fully. I have a Blaupunkt Sevilla RDM 168 sitting in my gaff. If your looking for a replacement.

I bought it off ebay but when I went to install it I realised I needed an extra part.

At this point I fixed the wiring problem with my existing Pioneer so I now have a spare Blaupunkt.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

My "new" car is 01. (its new to me). It might just be cd-r's that its having trouble with but I thought the fact that it played some no problem that it would be compatible.

@ballooba - I'll take your offer under consideration. how much are you willing to part with it for? I was also thinking of getting the cd/mp3 players in lidl and aldi, they would probably suit me more than just a cd player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What speed are you burning your cd's at?Ive had this problem with sonys before,if the cd is burned at high speed you can get an error message when it'd trying to read the data.

Tyr burning at 4x max and see how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

I have found that some makes of blank CD's won't work either. While one make works fine the same type, e.g. CD-R, but another make won't.......

Advertisement