Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Help - Car's been attacked!

• 16-12-2005 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi to everyone - I'm in desperate need of help from someone in 'the know'. Last night my car (1989 Porsche 944) was attacked with what I think is paint stripper! It's been poured over the bonnet, roof & sides of the car meaning that my baltic blue paintjob is now completely destroyed! Thanks to the bast***'s for the early Xmas present, not the nicest way to wake up in the morning. In addition, they also helpfully arranged to dent the rear mud-guard panel - not serious I think this can be popped out.

So, can anyone recommend a good body/spray shop (preferably close to the Lucan area) who can pick the car up and get the body sorted out as quickly as possible? I'm certainly no expert on these matters, so if anyone could give me a ballpark figure as to what the cost of a good respray would be it wold be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted on my mobile at any time (087 644 3425), and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I dont understand the mentality of some people guys, I mean the car certainly wasnt pristine, and they've obviously gone out of there way to damage it - where's the sense in it all?

Oh well - I've said my bit now, if anyone at all out there can help me, please dont hesitate to call/text - all calls will be answered, hope all enthusiasts have a safe & happy Xmas, and I hope to hear from some of you soon.

With Best Regards

Paul Archer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Jeeeeez thats terrible !!

Sorry to hear your news, and I'm not sure if I can be of much help but I do recommend Gregg Martin Motors for a quality paint job. If this is covered by your insurance they will deal direct, if you want to pay cash then they may be able to help you out !

Ask for Brendan !

Best of luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

look on the bright side...if they thought your car was nice enough to damage ,it must be a seriously nice car and worth the effort to get it fixed up...Sorry for your trouble......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

*sigh*...

Jeez, I'm sorry for your trouble, having been the victim of a (minor by comparison) bit of mindless vandalism in the past I can feel your pain. Wrong part of the country to advise you, but one word of caution. Don't necessarily go with the dearest/third party referred spray shop. The best way to guage a job is to see an example of its work, bearing in mind that a full paint job will involve attention to detail and usually removal and replacement of trim/lights etc. The care with which this work is executed is the best indication you'll find. Once bitten, one of the dearest and "best" companies in Cork city returned a car to me after considerable expense with boot trim missing , tail lights hanging out, and a fine bit of orange peel on one panel. Not a pretty sight and took some effort to remedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Makes you want to re-introduce Capital Punishment. A few nights ago someone put a 4 letter word on the back of the car using "Aerosol spray snow" and I was annoyed at that! My troubles are small ones.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭kyote00

thats awful.

Theres a guy on Prussia St (just of Hanlon's Corner) that I used before. He's young fellow that I used a few years ago. A full respray in modern two pack and a small amount of welding was 2000. He did a top quality job and redo any little bits that were not satisfactory to me.

He is however slow and he had my car for 8 weeks .....

Garage is called JH Autos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭kyote00

actually can you add some more details about the time and place.... I live in the Lucan area and didnt realise such scumbags were present....

Although I once parked in Woodies in Lucan --- at the very back of the car park (miles from any other cars)..... came back to find some twit shoe-horned his car in beside me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

if only someone could have caught them.
    what wouldent you do to them?:mad:

im down in carlow if you cant get a body shop to help you in dublin.
    if you want a price ring - 0862586935.

if you have any other car parked nearby dont let any of the flakes on to them or you will have another car to repair, its best to cover down your 944 till you can get in to the bodyshop.

Advertisement