Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Pullstart

• 16-12-2005 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Only started running in my savage yesterday and the bloody pullstart has broken already.... when I say broken I mean it wont go back in after pulling it to start the car.
    Has this happened to anyone else on here? I have no idea how to fix it :/:confused:
    *edit*
    removed the engine to take off the pullstart cover and take a better look at what was hapening inside and see if the spring had broken, but before hand I had removed the glowplug and emptied any fuel from the chamber/cylnder, .. turned the engine over using the flywheel and pulled the pullstarter and low and behold a lot of fuel trickled out, more than I thought the cylnder could accomodate. only to find the pullstart chord shoot back in to place.
    Lesson learned , I think:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

How could a flooded engine prevent the pullstart from recoiling? (I assume it's similiar to a miniture lawnmover pullstart?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I found out later on when I opened up the pullstarter that the spool that houses the chord was broken. 'Nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Twas probably the extra pressure of the flooding that caused the pullstart to break. My 2c.

Twas probably the extra pressure of the flooding that caused the pullstart to break. My 2c.
    I agree

Get an EZ Start. He-He-He:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭vectra

T-Maxx wrote:
    Get an EZ Start. He-He-He:D

:v:

Ordered a rotostart for it earlier today....
    ok what's an EZ Start ?

It's a Traxxas invention that replaces the pullstart/rotostart and consists of a small elec motor that cranks the engine. You use a EZ Start controller (magic wand) that contains a 7.2V rechargeable battery, stick it in the female socket on the truck, press the button and there she goes! (It also powers the glowplug). I like it - very handy.

Sounds pretty sweet I have to say .... it's cool that it fires the glow plug too. I already have a HPI RS4 Evo which has rotostart so all I had to buy was the part that attaches to the engine.
    Awaiting delivery .........................................
    That pullstart was bloody killing me I'll be glad to get the rotostart sorted out
    T

Advertisement