Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor And Roaming

• 16-12-2005 3:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just ranf meteor to set up roaming. In the past people gave out about them nothing setting up roaming correctly. Is that the case still? Should I give them a ring again before I travel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Probably worth giving them a ring to confirm it..can never hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They usually ask for your credit card details for a 70 euro topup, or ask you to topup by 70 euro before you go.

I used them in the Netherlands a while back and had better coverage then 3. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ciaranfo wrote:
    They usually ask for your credit card details for a 70 euro topup, or ask you to topup by 70 euro before you go.

I used them in the Netherlands a while back and had better coverage then 3. :)

I'm a bill pay for more than 3 months so dont need to worry about that. Will give them a bus before I go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

Yeah - to double check you can give them a buzz, but you should be safe enough being on billpay. Once it's set-up that's it, no need to call them back for any subsequent trips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

What country/ies are you going to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kearnsr wrote:
    I'm a bill pay for more than 3 months so dont need to worry about that. Will give them a bus before I go

i dont think meteor wants a bus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Ha ha ha
    Don't count on it!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Roaming is as follows.

For Pay As You Go, you top up by 60 euro and leave your credit card or direct debit details with Meteor.

For Bill Pay, you pay an initial 60euro deposite when signing up, which comes off your first bill. That or pay 3 bills, and the bar will be lifted for free.

These charges do not apply when travelling to the UK, France, Spain, Germany and Italy.

Advertisement