Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas present help please?

Options
  • 16-12-2005 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Im looing to buy a pressie for my 30 yr old brother (very young at heart)
    I was wondering what RC model would you all advise?
    my budget is €200 - €250
    I was looking at some of the shops in the sticky and i reckon i'll go with some kind of plane. but which one?
    Id ideally like a easy enough one to fly. It doesnt have to have big range as long as i can get it before xmas.
    Are prices online any better?
    this site looks cheap but would i have it before xmas?
    http://www.multiplex-rc.de/
    sorry for being such a noob!!
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Multplex don't sell retail, but only through their Irish representatives who are listed in that website.

For that money you will only get a toy plane outfit, if it is to have a radio, plane, engine and all.
    Don't do it, it will fly backwards in an Irish breeze! Those things are ok for kids only.
    You CAN for that sort of price , have a BIG glider and proper radio with it.
    (I mean 5-6 foot wingspan big)
    In case you think the're slow and boring have a look at this video .... ripping round the Dublin mountains, (no engine in this model)....
    http://gliderireland.modelisme.com/images/videos/L213AWeb.wmv
    OR
    You CAN ALSO get a very good model plane kit, and ball raced engine, which he builds and then gets the radio of his own choice to put inside.

In the Multiplex range, the Easy Star flies ok, and would IMHO be a lowest standard model suitable for Irish conditions. You could do better and still be under you target figure if you leave the radio out.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement