Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MMS Issue (Vodafone) after Flashing Motorola V3 - Help?

• 16-12-2005 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I managed to successfully flash my Motorola V3 but now I can't send and receive MMS messages (Vodafone network).

I went onto the Vodafone website to get all the GPRS settings for the V3 and I can successfully access the GPRS network (even though I don't have that "Live!" button now). And this is what I find really odd: Shouldn't MMS messages work if I can access GPRS?

I rang Vodafone yesterday (1 hour on the phone) and they couldn't figure it out. They tried everything, double checked my settings, etc etc. Nothing worked.

I was just wondering if anybody here had encountered such a problem after flashing their V3? Or if somebody could confirm all the connection/MMS settingd to make sure everything is exactly the way it should be?

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

https://www.shopmotorola.ca/emea_new/registration.asp?pg=1&l=22&pm=0&chr=

Go there and reg ur email address and send them again tot he handset.
    Also, try doing a reset on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hi wolfman,

Did a Master Reset of the phone then went onto that (very useful) website you gave me. Worked perfectly for the GPRS/WAP settings (which I already had) but I kept getting an Error Message saying "Exceeds Maximum Limit. Cannot add new MMS Server Profile" when I tried to update the MMS settings...

I noticed there were already 3 default MMS settings in the phone so I deleted 2 of them and tried again and it worked! I can now send and receive MMS messages!

Thank you for your help! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Ah that explains it
    Good you got sorted anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

wolfman wrote:
    Ah that explains it
    Good you got sorted anyway
    So happy I got it sorted :D Thanks again! ;)

Advertisement