Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've never known such BAD customer service.

Options
  • 16-12-2005 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I bought a pair of fireplaces from this place called "Fireplace World" out in Ashbourne and all I can say is don't let go of your cheque until you have everything.

Had them installed about 6 weeks ago and they had the wrong basket. Fair enough I thought. We were told we could pick it up at the weekend but it wasn't there.
    I've made about 30 calls to them and alway been told "we'll call you back when we know what's happened" Not once have I ever had a call back from them. I've had ro chase them.
    (Bear in mind this is worth about €700)

Called out there last weekend and was told it would definately be in on Tuesday and to call them on Friday to make sure it's in the Warehouse.

So I called them today to make sure only to be told "it'll be in next tuesday"

I couldn't believe it so I said I'd been told the same thing for weeks but she said
    "I've told you that it will be in next tuesday so there nothing more I can do"
    I kept on at her and she was shouting, really shouting.

I mentioned the brutal service and the phone calls etc and asked if they had any experience of customer service so she said

"Don't be smart!" and hung up!

Seriously, avoid them or at least don't hand the cheque over until they have done all the work and you have everything you paid for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

The exact same thing happened to me also! If I was a diligent comsumer, I should have done a search on boards before I did business with them!

After it was fitted, the ash pan was the wrong size, the basket was the wrong size and there were was 2 holes either side of the fireplace where they had over-kangood over the previous hearth. It took them a week to get back to me to replace the pan (after several appointments where they fail to turn up. Then you'd think he'd bring a basket and fix the hole at the same time....NO..... He took another week to deliver a basket and had forgotten to bring same cement to do the holes. After failing to turn up last Friday (after making an appointment), I rang them to eat the head off them regarding their very poor service to which she apologised! So I ended up reparing them myself as I've a new floor coming tomorrow....

Also they said that I'd qualify for 6 nights free accomodation in a few selected hotels around Ireland.....yes there was loads.... but I'd have to spend, on average, €45 to €65 per person per night on lunch/dinner in very average hotels, it would be cheaper to book myself into the accommation and pay the going rate and not get the food!.....

So the lesson is.....STAY CLEAR OF THESE COWBOYS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Joe Duffy time for yiz, and the small claims court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

Thank you indeed, I read your messages just in time - let's forget the wood pellet stove!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pax

I'll try to be as concise as possible but, you'd have to forgive me if I extend more than neccesary to make myself clear. I'm spanish and english is not my mother language so, please, don't mind to much my "strange" expresions.

I bought last August an ASUS laptop from an online site in Spain (I wanted a laptop with spanish keyboard layout) and arranged the shipment here to Ireland, where I'm actually working and living. After two weeks waiting (I still don't know why it took that long) I started to test it, to be sure all was working properly.
    I noticed that some times the screen shrink for a few seconds. In the succesive weeks I did some more test and tried changing hardware drivers, to be sure it wasn't a software problem. at the end I contacted my reseller to explain him the problem. He made contact with ASUS tecnical support in Spain but, then he realized that I was still in Ireland and that ASUS laptop has an international warranty, so I had to contact ASUS Ireland technical support, that as it happens is the same for Ireland and UK, and it's located there.
    So, I called them, explained the problem and arranged the shipment. ASUS use a subsidiary company to do the fixings (CSC). I sent my laptop to them on October 13th, after a week without news I called them again, the answer was that they tested the laptop and they were going to chage the motherboard and were waiting for the piece that should arrive in the next few days. After three weeks more (and some more calls by my side), they said me that the piece just arrived that day and they were going to fix the laptop in that same day, so I was supposed to received back in a few days after that. Other five days went by, without news nor laptop, I called them again and both, ASUS technical support and CSC, confirmed me that the laptop was shipped back on November 16th; and that they didn't have any idea about why was taking so long. To date, I didn't recieved my laptop nor any post notification for "not been able to deliver" (nor any call by ASUS or CSC).

I think I have been patient more than enough and, I'm quite dissapointed with this Customer Service. I wanted to ask you what actions can I take against this behaviour and what can I expect from them.

Thanks in advance and my best regards.

Advertisement