Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Telecoms

• 16-12-2005 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Ok...Best for Business customers.....Eircom...BT...Pure Telecom..Access??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Rkeane16 wrote:
    Ok...Best for Business customers.....Eircom...BT...Pure Telecom..Access??

Define your business and size ect............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Rkeane16

SME...25 employees...have a PRI...2 small offices...one in cork...one in galway...Currently with Eircom..bill about €1500 per month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I would think BT though I am uncertain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Get DSL in both and use VOIP between them with termination with a VOIP carrier. You can ditch the PRI and save a few euro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Get DSL in both and use VOIP between them with termination with a VOIP carrier. You can ditch the PRI and save a few euro :)

Will they have enough bandwidth for VOIP with DSL? I would imagine you would need quite a bit for each call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Cork and Galway both have MANs.

Try www.e-net.ie

Should list the providers in your area and also have maps so you should be able to tell how far you are from the fibre.

1500 per month is a pretty reasonable spend for an SME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Rkeane16 wrote:
    SME...25 employees...have a PRI...2 small offices...one in cork...one in galway...Currently with Eircom..bill about €1500 per month!

I think a PRA is over kill for 25 employees in 2 sites, how many people in each site , what type of calls do you make (mobile local int etc)? is your PBX Busy? ,How many lines do you have in the 2nd site ......

getting DSL in both sites is a OK Idea, but for your voice it does not offer a QoS I would recommend MPLS, this network will allow you to transfer your clients and internal calls from cork to Gal with no loss quality (but this is more expensive than DSL)

If you are currently with Eircom call your account manager 1800 501 502 and ask them to look over your monthly spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

try smart telecom they offer business dsl products, there customer service is fantastic and they also offer VOIP.
    http://www.smarttelecom.ie/business.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

paulm17781 wrote:
    Will they have enough bandwidth for VOIP with DSL? I would imagine you would need quite a bit for each call.

Usually 30k will be enough ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

If you are near the fiber in each location, Smart can give you a direct fiber link at 2Mbps - 1000Mbps.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

either get a digiweb metro for each site or a smart business adsl or smart fibre for each site (if each site is within 200m of the local man)

I understand that Digiweb could do a soft pri in the metro product with their at each site which would save €600 a month rental straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

let us know how you got on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

Rkeane16 wrote:
    If you're up at that sort of spend it's also worth considering getting your own point-to-point fibre connection to a data center and possibly cutting out a few middle men:

http://www.broighter.com/productsindex.html

I think for around €500 per month you can get a 10Mbps connection (and in this case 10Mbps is 10Mbps not 10Mpbs with a 20:1 contention and no real way of being sure what you'll get)

The big question is whether or not you're close enough to one of the existing fibre conduits. If not and you need to dig it may not be so attractive.

Aaron

Advertisement