Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL off air last night

• 16-12-2005 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone else loose NTL from just after 9 PM yesterday?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone else loose NTL from just after 9 PM yesterday?

Yep, went off just after 9pm last night and didn't come back until between 11am and 12 noon today. Fault in the Kilcohan area according to their helpline.

I have just emailed them requesting a refund for the amount of time the service was unavailable, and complaining about the lack of out-of-hours fault reporting/fixing. I suggest all other affected customers do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good luck, though I agree about the lack of cover, if its goes bang after 5 pm they dont want to know.

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gadgie wrote:
    I have just emailed them requesting a refund for the amount of time the service was unavailable, and complaining about the lack of out-of-hours fault reporting/fixing. I suggest all other affected customers do the same.

Yeah good luck with that, they're well covered in their T&C's incase of downtime, they hate people like you that look for refunds for a few hours/min of downtime :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gadgie wrote:

Best of luck lol

• Advertisement

Well admittedly I'm not holding out much hope, but you get nowt if you don't ask! And I wouldn't call 14/15 hours "a few hours".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am sure you need a min of 24hrs downtime to get any money. Sky contracts state that they only refund for periods of more than 7 days without service. Not sure what ntl's policy is.

Bond-007 wrote:
    I am sure you need a min of 24hrs downtime to get any money. Sky contracts state that they only refund for periods of more than 7 days without service. Not sure what ntl's policy is.

There's nothing specified in the contract, so who knows. I'm not really bothered about getting money back, I'm more bothered about the fact that you have to wait until the next day to report a (major) fault.

I think Cablelink used to have an out-of-hours helpline, but I'd imagine that's long gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mike65 wrote:
    Good luck, though I agree about the lack of cover, if its goes bang after 5 pm they dont want to know.

Mike.

AFAIK they operate an after hours 'break down' service. Had a fault where I live some months ago after 7 and it came back on that night. Rang that free phone number (1800 something - on their bill) and got through. I'd assume they have to do this?:confused:

NTL replied to my email today...
    I will certainly arrange for credit to be applied to your account for the disruption to the service. The credit due will go onto your next bill,

Result!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement