Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Edition Marlboro lights?

Options
  • 16-12-2005 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Went into the shop this morning to get my usual 20 Marlboro Lights. Girl comes back with a silver box, I say no Marlboro Lights please, 3 boxes later and we decide to have a closer look and they are indeed the same strength as regular Marlboro Lights. What's this aboot eh?

Edit: Just after opening the box now, it opens from the side, like a zippo lighter. The actual smokes are still the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Don't know what the story is with that either. Last 2 boxes of "reds" I got came in a silver box too. It's a bit confusing if lights are coming in the silver box as well though. No matter what colour box I'm happy if the smoke tastes the same :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭cil_aine

my friend got a packet of those the other week. oh the fun we had. it's pretty cool, but would cost loads to keep producing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Yeh I smoke the reds and they're coming in the same boxes...

Had the "No Marlboro Reds please..." conversation in the shop the first time :)

Very confusing between the lights and the reds though.

Should the lights not have been Gold since they seem to have been trying to push the gold name over lights for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Just got a pack of these, the brushed metal effect is so nice.
    I'm glad someone is trying to make smoking cool again.
    Such a little box of enchantment.
    But then I also find it disgusting that they're trying to peddle glamour with their drugs. (in every smoker, there's a disgusted ex-smoker trying to get out :D)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got my first box of them today also, they look the biz, though at work, I don't know if they'll survive in my jeans without the box crushing, and the cigs getting broke in the process!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Got my first box today, its all about the bling. I like 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

The packs are cool - I don't know if anyone else noticed but they seemed to taste ever so slightly different?

Advertisement