Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elimination Chamber *do not read if you have not watch Raw 12/12/05*

• 16-12-2005 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

What do people feel about the competitors to the 4th Elimination Chamber?

My only, and major, reservation on this is - what purpose will Carlito and Masters serve to be in such a main event? They havent been 'actively' chasing the title, they havent really been involved in any main event fued, and most importantly everyone knows neither will walk out as champ. Cool if one of them did, just for shock value, but thats about it. On the upside, having to midcarders there, it opens up the undercard for other 'main eventers', and doesnt allow this PPV to become a one matcher like last years NYR. However, i digress.

I think for an EC match to work there has to be a fierce level of uncertainty, where any of the competitors could legitimately win. Thats where the 2nd EC fell down, it was pretty obvious from the get go that Nash and Orton wouldnt even be near winning, let alone having any sort of impact. It was always going to be about HHH abd Goldberg, and funnily enough, thats exactly what happened.

At least in last years EC, there was the simmering rivalry between Batista and HHH, you had Edge who was on a roll, Orton who was on a major face push, and was probaly the person many felt would win, and you had Jericho and Benoit who both had the star quality to step up into the main event area (these two carried this match IMO).

Not to mention the very first EC, there were a number of feuds,a nd somehow the writers managed to turn it into a six way feud, and again had people completely unsure as to an outcome. Any of the 6 would have been able to make a credible champ, as all were on good pushes at the time. In fact, this was the only EC where there was a genuine 'shock' winner.

This years EC, has none of the good qualities of EC1 and EC3, but has all the lame duck feel of EC2. I think its pretty obvious that the final 3 will be Angle, Cena and Angle, with Cena pinning Angle in the end for the win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rolo feen

gimmick wrote:
    I think its pretty obvious that the final 3 will be Angle, Cena and Angle, with Cena pinning Angle in the end for the win.

so good he's in it twice eh?

i agree though, i know u mean triple H, angle and cena.
    WWE dont seem to puclicly acknowledge the minor booing of cena for now, and why would they? so he'll be champ for a while yet. triple h will use this match to get back in the title frame i suppose and lead towards the next major ppv of 2006 as the main event.
    an angle-hhh feud would be great viewing in the new year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

rolo feen wrote:
    so good he's in it twice eh?

LOL, i love second guessing, I obviously meant HBK ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

rolo feen wrote:

triple h will use this match to get back in the title frame i suppose and lead towards the next major ppv of 2006 as the main event.

but HHH isnt in the Elimination Chamber :confused:
    he was beaten by Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

rolo feen wrote:
    WWE dont seem to puclicly acknowledge the minor booing of cena for now, and why would they? so he'll be champ for a while yet.

Actually i think they are because on RAW
    Cena wrote:
    "Half the people out there hate me"
    Loved that cause his home town fans cheered him for saying it.

It's pretty safe to say that Cena will keep the title in the EC cause of the he'll have against HHH that's coming up soon. I wonder if HHH will win the rumble again to do it. I dont think HHH could do that to himself though. HHH not in the main event at Wrestle Mania would be a sin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is this on Sky Sports like last year's one or have they taken this one away from us?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ENTERTAINMENT: Live WWE Wrestling
    Channel: Sky Sports 1
    Date: Monday 9th January 2006
    Time: 01:00 to 06:00 (starting in 21 days)
    Duration: 5 hours.
    World Wrestling Entertainment New Year's Revolution at the Pepsi Arena in Albany, New York. The Raw Superstars kick off 2006 with another massive event, with title contests as well as grudge matches.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

oh and please dont anyone say "is it on for 5 hours?" its not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Excellent. It will be good to see a PPV again.

Advertisement