Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6230 - howto factory reset ?

• 16-12-2005 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I went into "settings" and chose "restore factory settings". This appeared to reset the phone. Some things still remained though such as Bluetooth name and what not.

Is there another way to completely reset it to "day 1" without a cable?

Also, should "restore factory settings" wipe the memory card too ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Afraid for a "full" reset, it will have to be done using hardware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

A regular data cable should do the job ? Or do I need a special one?

You'll need more than a cable
    You have to have Nokia service equipment to do it I'm afraid

Can I download a program that will work alongside the cable ?

Not really to be honest
    If you dont mind me asking what exactly are you trying to accomplish that the standard reset wont do for you???
    If I knew that, i might be able to guide ya better ;)

• Advertisement

The phone wiped itself of all it's contents.

I then tried factory reset in case something was corrupt or something (that wasn't much good tbh ...). When I went to use the camera it told me the phone memory was full and to choose alternative memory. I chose MMC memory. All fine then I thought.

I went to go into my gallery - the only "folder" there was MMC. All the other ones were gone. I turned the phone off and on again - all the folders back but empty. Camera still gives the same error and prompts me to use mmc memory.

When I go into settings and check the phone memory status it tells me 0KB free and 0KB used. Randomly it tells me 7MB used and 0MB free. There is nothing saved on the phone. All the memory should be free.

Bad news I'm afraid
    This is actually a reasonably common problem with the 6230
    Its a hardware fault in the phone and not software
    Flashing the phone with new firmware, resetting it etc will have no effect at all.

There is a flash chip located on the bottom of the board and this is the chip which causes the fault.

If the phone is still within warranty, I'd bring it back. If not, this can sometimes be solved by somebody with the correct equipment to reflow the solder on the chip and in extreme cases, the chip has to be replaced :(

Well - I guess that goes out the window then :( Anyone wanna buy a MMC card? :D

I take it that means it is out of warranty?
    I will try come back to you with details of somewhere to try

Would welcome that wolfman :)

As you can see from the attachment it's either the largest capacity phone in existance or it's funked :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement