Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra owners club

Options
  • 16-12-2005 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads does anyone know if there is one of these about web site etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I've found this Astra site to be very useful for tech info, etc. for my '03 Astra.

www.m1gst.com/site/INDEX.htm

My Astra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

my soon to be astra

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

blahblah06 wrote:
    my soon to be astra

Is that the VRX version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

www.astra-sport.co.uk

Great Site, however there should be one here in Ireland as well, its a shame theres not.

Astra rules....

Performance, Handling, styling...everything, cant wait to get the sports hatch in a yr or so.

Does anyones Astra make a ticking noise.

Only at idle and more noticable when the engine is cold.

Timing belt changed not so long ago so its not the water pump.

Its not a big thing but id rather if it wasnt there.

99 1.4 16v 80k

Have to give it a service to see if its the tappets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Hey blahblah, what 06 reg did you end up getting, or did you bother??

Hi lads sorry about the delay. mine is just the 1.4 but has the sporting kit like the one above and design wheels. kersh i shall pm u as dont want to make it public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

was thinking about buying a '00 1.4 astra sport. was woundering what kinda money there making so i can see if i'd be getting a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

was thinking about buying a '00 1.4 astra sport. was woundering what kinda money there making so i can see if i'd be getting a good deal.

Here you go:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=320556
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=297168

Should be cheaper in the New Year.

Check out the autotrader for Astras in the north.

GF bought a new 1.4 astra with 1.5k on the clock for £7000 cost 13000e in total for her. It was an unwanted gift from a mother and the daughter wanted the money to buy a bmw lol.

Check out autotrader.co.uk if u need a post code for a certain area look one up in the uk phone book eg insurance companies banks etc.

1.4 Astras are very cheap in the uk coz 1.6 is the norm and the 1.4 over there would be of better spec than the irish model eg fully colour coded.

• Advertisement

we should all really meet up and get things going

I totally agree am in Monaghan where is everyone anyway.

If u go to astra-sport.co.uk and to regions there a southern ireland forum and theres guys there looking for meets.

Should a tech day or something, a how to session if anyone is having any problems etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Have to give it a service to see if its the tappets.

Tappets are hydraulic and therefore self adjusting so it is not them making the noise...............unless your oil is cheap and dirty !! :eek:

I use semi syn Castroil Magtec, the one the opel dealer uses.

Something is ticking anyway. Its not loud, just noticable when you start the car, annoying when you hear other astra same age idle nicely with a hume rather than a tick.

The oil does need a change though. Thats wot am guessing it is.

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

bazz26 wrote:

So E6500 to E7000 would be a good price for a 00 that has full opel service history and is practicly spotless.

Im in dublin ive joined the astra owners thread so ill get it sorted as soon as i get my motor

Advertisement