Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

W800 & Mac

• 16-12-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I just got a new w800 and tried putting MP3s on the memory card from my mac. I connected the phone using the USB cable and copied over the files. When I disconnected and checked the card there was nothing on it, the card was wiped. I reconnected the phone and the computer restarted for the 1st time ever. I tried copying over mp3s again but when I disconneced the phone again all was gone.
    Has anyone had this problem and how have you solved it?
    I think it might be something to do with the firmware version, how do I check what version is on my phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i know someone who did that with a k750 from a g5. the only way he could get any songs to copy was by doing it one at a time. he never did get it working any better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's a firmware problem. I had the same on my WinXP box. I used to just hook it up via my PSP or via my Dad's laptop and card reader to copy songs. Which is a quite frankly ridiculous. Major bug.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yes there is a bug in some SE firmware causing MS corruption . This can be overcome by removing the stick and writing directly to it using the SW supplied with the phone (Disc2phone) .

You can also update your 750 from the SE site to the latest firmware (R1AA008) . To find out which FW your phone is running use >*<<*<* .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Haha, my K750 doesn't have this problem! :D

Then again, I got mine in Bangkok, 6 months ago.

Advertisement