Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes its great but if U have no accessories

• 16-12-2005 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Yes, I got my lovely 360 today but all I have is a controller, and maybe the other, as of yet, useless stuff like headset and that, Seriously what the hell can I do with not 2, not 3, not 4 but ONE CONTROLLER. Anywhere I go I cant get any accessories at all, I have tried eight stores,
    Microsoft have not got a f*cking clue how to mare#ket a product, or is that they are running short on supplies on purpose because Bill Gates thinks he has make a profit for every thing he does by running up prices.
    B.Gates is trying screw people out of their pockets and the sooner people like us realise that the better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

nevf wrote:
    Yes, I got my lovely 360 today but all I have is a controller, and maybe the other, as of yet, useless stuff like headset and that, Seriously what the hell can I do with not 2, not 3, not 4 but ONE CONTROLLER. Anywhere I go I cant get any accessories at all, I have tried eight stores,
    Microsoft have not got a f*cking clue how to mare#ket a product, or is that they are running short on supplies on purpose because Bill Gates thinks he has make a profit for every thing he does by running up prices.
    B.Gates is trying screw people out of their pockets and the sooner people like us realise that the better
    What accesories you looking for? Last time I was in HMV on Grafton street they had controllers, mem cards, batteries etc.

If prices inflate cause of lack of supplies its not Microsoft who benefit, its the sellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oh wow, angry much. I've seen plenty of accessories in the stores around Blanchardstown, lots of controllers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

iv'e been in loadsa shops recently, and they had almost everything, bar hdd's. oh and vga cables are impossible to find also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah i've seen loads of the accessories. and it's quite nice to have a bundle with controller (1 was standard last gen dunno what you're moaning about there), headset and dvd remote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

yeah consoles are always released with just one controller. its only later versions or bundles that will have packs containing more. as for lack of accessories ive seen plenty of wired controllers, very few wireless tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Having tried every shop in town, Dundrum and then the Gamestops in Santry, Clare Hall and Donaghmede I gave up on getting a play and charge kit and ordered off Lik Sang.

Most accessories do seem to be available though. Smyths on Jervis Street have dozens of joypads in stock. The play and charge kit and the HD seem to be the main ones missing in action. I still don't understand why there's a shortage of what is just a rechargeable battery, especially when there's a surplus of controllers. You'd have to be crazy to just keep buying AAs all the time, personally I was shocked the controller should come with a chargeable battery as standard in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

All da online places are sold out, Dublin is in stock but I live in the other side of the country.
    Really to be honest, that Xbox has been more trouble to me than it was worth

Also, Good point, What do I want?
    Well...I would like...WirelessController(especially), Memory Card, and the remote, the wireless adapter...

And if anyone reads this and is considering getting an Xbox360, just remember, to get all the accessories, it will cost at least €600, or €700.

All of you ave good points, especially the person that said about the fact of the shops screwing us, I would also like to say that Microsoft have screwed all the online stores and shops, and the shops have screwed us out of our money even more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

nevf wrote:
    All da online places are sold out, Dublin is in stock but I live in the other side of the country.
    Really to be honest, that Xbox has been more trouble to me than it was worth

Also, Good point, What do I want?
    Well...I would like...WirelessController(especially), Memory Card, and the remote, the wireless adapter...

And if anyone reads this and is considering getting an Xbox360, just remember, to get all the accessories, it will cost at least €600, or €700.

All of you ave good points, especially the person that said about the fact of the shops screwing us, I would also like to say that Microsoft have screwed all the online stores and shops, and the shops have screwed us out of our money even more

Some places are out of stock, alot of places arent, so what? It happens with alot of sought-after products around launch.

Give your 360 to some kid who wants for xmas but wont get it, if you feel that strongly about it.

Its the stores screwing people, but as always, buyer beware. PC World sell everything (accessories & games) for €10 less then game/hmv/virgin and have almost every accessory in stock, so shop there. Simple as. Was in blanch today and they had 3 HDD, dozens of wired/wireless controllers and mem. cards etc. I'd imagine most PCW's would be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

It's not just Dublin that have them either.
    You can get pretty much all the accesories in Limerick too, I have a friend in Cork who says the same, although I was recently in Waterford, and although they had some, they didn't have as large a range.
    I suppose the bigger the city the more of a chance you have.
    If you're in Mayo, try Galway.
    Shopping around when you get there is definately advisable though.
    The R.R.P. for games, is only 65.99, for the most part, but you'll find some stores charging as much as 89.99!!!
    They're the ones cashing in, not Microsoft.
    You could argue that the initial price of 300/400, is too much, but what were you expecting?!
    The Playstation2 cost I think 300(punt) when it first came out, so it's not as if the prices are going up.
    The PS3 will cost more than the xbox360!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

You could argue that the initial price of 300/400, is too much, but what were you expecting?!

have a look here
    and orginaly it only had the console (granted the hdd was built in) but u still needed the dvd remote for movies or the net cable etc all of which for the time where pricey... the 360 is one of the cheapest new consoles i can remember! (only nintendo are cheaper)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

It's not just Dublin that have them either.
    You can get pretty much all the accesories in Limerick too, I have a friend in Cork who says the same, although I was recently in Waterford, and although they had some, they didn't have as large a range.
    I suppose the bigger the city the more of a chance you have.
    If you're in Mayo, try Galway.
    Shopping around when you get there is definately advisable though.
    The R.R.P. for games, is only 65.99, for the most part, but you'll find some stores charging as much as 89.99!!!
    They're the ones cashing in, not Microsoft.
    The Playstation2 cost I think 300(punt) when it first came out, so it's not as if the prices are going up.
    The PS3 will cost more than the xbox360!

yes they might have all the accesories in Limerick, but, we dont have any 360's here :mad:

Advertisement