Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majord going insane?

Options
  • 17-12-2005 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I do respect his decision not to use dutch gold as an atari jaguar on the beers / wine / spirits forum but this is the second time he has banned me for mentioning dutch gold in an honest answer.

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054863352

The above thread asks "What was your first drink?" and he has banned Halo for listing his first drink to be dutch gold? What's so wrong with that, can't he just get over that this may have been some peoples first drink?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ag marbh wrote:
    he

Uh-oh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Quick! To the fallout shelter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I don't think gender matters, it's the style of unfair modding. It would be fair if he/she stuck to the original sitcky rule. It's not like people are always using dutch gold in a troll lke way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

theres not enough time!! DUCK AND COVER PEOPLE, DUCK AND COVER!!

Not even Dutch Gold Man can save us now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
    which you didnt, but meh ;)

how about a dutch gold sub forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ag marbh, we've had this conversation.

Every forum has rules specific to that forum.

One of the rules of the B/W/S forum is no Dutch Gold. You got banned for a week. I explained why. You protested. I suggested you go to feedback. You didn't. After a week you got unbanned.

Then, for some bizarre reason you did exactly the same thing all over again.

Did the sticky get deleted? Did the contents of the sticky change? Did the suggestion about being banned for mentioning Dutch Gold get edited to include a statement about the sticky applying to everyone except you?

No?

Then why are you surprised?

Dutch Gold remains a bannable offence on the B/W/S board.

Now go and post "pot noodle" in response to every viable thread on the food/drink board and see how long you last.

Amz wrote:
    Not even Dutch Gold Man can save us now!

Maybe majord should have one to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Ag marbh wrote:
    I do respect his decision not to use dutch gold as an atari jaguar on the beers / wine / spirits forum but this is the second time he has banned me for mentioning dutch gold in an honest answer.

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054863352

The above thread asks "What was your first drink?" and he has banned Halo for listing his first drink to be dutch gold? What's so wrong with that, can't he just get over that this may have been some peoples first drink?

as a neutral observer on this thread and many others, i have found you to be an annoying, pompus, and generally dislikable character, with little or no redeeming features with on oversized ego that is not matched by either your wit or intelligence.

Ag marbh wrote:
    Maybe majord should have one to chill out.
    I'm sure she values her life more than that.

• Advertisement

Ag marbh, we've had this conversation.

Every forum has rules specific to that forum.

One of the rules of the B/W/S forum is no Dutch Gold. You got banned for a week. I explained why. You protested. I suggested you go to feedback. You didn't. After a week you got unbanned.

Then, for some bizarre reason you did exactly the same thing all over again.

Did the sticky get deleted? Did the contents of the sticky change? Did the suggestion about being banned for mentioning Dutch Gold get edited to include a statement about the sticky applying to everyone except you?

No?

Then why are you surprised?

Dutch Gold remains a bannable offence on the B/W/S board.

Now go and post "pot noodle" in response to every viable thread on the food/drink board and see how long you last.

Yeah it would be understandable if you banned people who used dutch gold in a troll like manner. It is beyond me how you can ban people for answering honeslty to there first drinks. As someone else said do you expect them to lie about what they first drank?. In my post I didn't just write "dutch gold", I actually had three drinks selected so I can't see any reasonable decision behind it. By the way also when I was first banned for using dutch gold there was no sticky but you banned me because I failed to see it in another thread........

as a neutral observer on this thread and many others, i have found you to be an annoying, pompus, and generally dislikable character, with little or no redeeming features with on oversized ego that is not matched by either your wit or intelligence.

Which has no relevance to the ban. I don't like you either but hey we're entitled to our opinion.

Now, in order to appease the chemical-drinking masses, I've edited the sticky to show that mentions of Dutch Gold are bannable offences.

Anyone else I might give a second change to Ag marbh.

But you just appear to be the sort of person who pokes themselves in the eye with a sharp stick, then does it again to see if it feels the same.

Now, in order to appease the chemical-drinking masses, I've edited the sticky to show that mentions of Dutch Gold are bannable offences.

Anyone else I might give a second change to Ag marbh.

But you just appear to be the sort of person who pokes themselves in the eye with a sharp stick, then does it again to see if it feels the same.

So you banned me for something that wasn't originally mentioned until after the ban? hmmm. As I said, I simply listed my first three drinks and one of them happened to be dutch gold, there was no testing in it.

Ag marbh wrote:
    So you banned me for something that wasn't originally mentioned until after the ban? hmmm. As I said, I simply listed my first three drinks and one of them happened to be dutch gold, there was no testing in it.

ha ha!

you got banned, and youre not happy!

Yep. Sure I've banned you because there's a y in the day.

Naturally, the fact that alcohol is something of a dubious topic on a public bulletin board where the user access isn't restricted and therefore has to be carefully moderated to avoid spamming and the sort of ridiculous shenanigans that might bring the existence of the B/W/S forum into question, and my related decision to ban Dutch Gold because of the reasons in the sticky, is nothing to do to it.

You keep fighting the good fight though.

ha ha!

you got banned, and youre not happy!

It doesn't really bother me. I'm more interested in hearing how it's justified.

Ag marbh wrote:
    It doesn't really bother me. I'm more interested in hearing how it's justified.

you broke 'TAH RULEZ'!

You keep fighting the good fight though.

I will keep questioning Nazi idiots.

you broke 'TAH RULEZ'!

Log onto a quake server and talk like that, it suits ya.

• Advertisement

Ag marbh wrote:
    I will keep questioning Nazi idiots.

well, if you are going to lower yourself to pointless personal insults, then you are probably better off not posting on boards.ie at all.

its that kind of attitude that annoys fellow posters, and makes you very unpopular.

you were asked not to do something, you went ahead and did it and you got banned. you got unbanned and did it again.

what did you expect?

no, a shame that you couldnt have a civilized discussion, you just had to resort to childish, petty name calling....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Ag marbh wrote:
    Log onto a quake server and talk like that, it suits ya.

People talk like that in quake now?

Oh my.

well, if you are going to lower yourself to pointless personal insults, then you are probably better off not posting on boards.ie at all.

its that kind of attitude that annoys fellow posters, and makes you very unpopular.

you were asked not to do something, you went ahead and did it and you got banned. you got unbanned and did it again.

what did you expect?

no, a shame that you couldnt have a civilized discussion, you just had to resort to childish, petty name calling....

You made pointless comments/stabs at me so watch your fellow posters don't dock you a personal reputation point. I went and did something I wasn't aware of the first time and accepted my ban, the second time I did something that wasn't against forum rules nor was it meant as a stab and still got banned.

Fobia wrote:

Oh my.

Clearly not a gam0r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Fobia wrote:

Oh my.

Nah, they're worse!, they talk in numbers like L33T UB£R7ILLe and all that poopycock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It gets worse with every post. Somebody make it stop.

Ag marbh wrote:
    a personal reputation point

Aren't mentions of those bannable as well?

Aren't mentions of those bannable as well?

It wouldn't suprise me

Ag marbh wrote:
    You made pointless comments/stabs at me so watch your fellow posters don't dock you a personal reputation point. I went and did something I wasn't aware of the first time and accepted my ban, the second time I did something that wasn't against forum rules nor was it meant as a stab and still got banned.

oh, i only post here for the amusement of my fellow posters.
    it keeps them amused and happy, and i get a great sense of wellbeing and a feeling of achievment from entertaining them.
    they are my friends.

but still, you had to resort to personal insults to the moderator of the forum. i cant understand how you were given a warning, then a ban, and then a second ban, and yet you still come back here wanting to know waht the story is?

i mean, did the first couple of warnings not suffice?

but anyway, why am i talking to you, you may lower me down to your level of abusing people, and im not sure i want to sink that low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To the Righteous Mobile, Fight The Power Boy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement