Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

western union

• 17-12-2005 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

would ye reccomend i go ahead with this
    I will ship via UPS.lt usually takes 48 hours till the package arrives to your door.I send all my packages having written on them "display unit, no comercial value" or as a gift
    so you don't have to pay any additional taxes. (VAT included) l'm a serious seller with more than 2 years of experience in this field.
    l'm a fair trader with a good feedback on ebay which is the proof that l have closed a lot of sucessful deals.
    Durin g this period l learned that the best deals are closed when the
    risk involved is minimum.
    You will arrange payment through western union( www.westernunion.com ).
    I have something safe for you because I want you to be sure that
    you will receive the product and I hope we will colaborate in future
    too because I want to develop this bussines as soon as possible.
    Look what I can do for you:
    -you will make the transfer to my location but not to my name(you will
    use your best friends name for example as receiver's name)so you can be
    sure that i will not pick up the money untill you get the product.So you make a deposit at western union and you will give me the transfer's details(SENDER NAME,RECEIVER NAME,MTCN) so i can check that the deposit was made .
    After i verify I will send you the product imediately and email you the
    tracking number from UPS.
    -only after you will rece ive the product and check it, if it is ok you will
    have to change the reciver`s name of the transfer to my name so i can collect my
    money.So untill you will have the product in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at western union agent.
    I think it is better to not inform western union that you will change
    the receivers name in a few days because it is possible they to ask you to pay the fees twice also when you go to an western union office to make the transfer,please don't tell there the reason for you send the money because here in this country I must pay somes aditional taxes when I recive the founds(you know busines with electronic...),Please say you send the money to your friends or to your partener.
    My old buyers of course make the transfer at western union direct to my
    name which is easier and i will be happy if you can trust in me but because it is our
    first deal i proposed y ou this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the money first and after you get the product to allowed me to cash it.
    Western Union company have offices in every bank, postal office, big store or airport from your town.
    Probably this payment method it is not very familiar to you but l have used it for many
    times and each of my customers being satisfied and l have to admit that it is most efficient process to go through.
    In case you'll change your mind after receiving the package and want to cancel the order you'll ship it back and retreive the money from western union. Also in case the delivery does not arrive on time please email me and I'll contact the mail carrier.
    is it ok?in this way you will be sure that i won`t have the money until you will
    recive the phones and change the reciver`s name. after you will receive the package, you will change the Receiver Name in my name, so i can be payed. let me know if y ou have any more questions and if we have a deal.
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sounds dodgy to me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dont do it!!!
    Sounds VERY dodgy
    Whats the sellers feedback like? Is this a purchase through Ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

yeh its been done through ebay, his feedback ids 99%
    do u think i should go ahead with it, 340 is alot of money to b giving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i can't forsee any situation where that wouldn't be dodgy

honestly, do u think i should go ahead with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

well if your feeling generous and want to give away money then go ahead.................stay away from anything got to do with western union!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

honestly, do u think i should go ahead with it

No we're all saying DODGY for the fun of it :rolleyes:

all i want to see is the sender name and the receiver name to check the payment on the site: www.westernunion.com if everything is ok i will start the shippment to you..you will receive the phone and when you will have the phone on your hands you will change the names..it is very simple..let me know if you want to make the deal..
    thanks
    that was his reply after i sent him this
    yeh ok, but u said that i can change the receivers name, then u said that i
    have to give u the receivers name to check if the deposit is in so u can oobviously get the money without sending it at all, or do u
    have to show id when u go to claim the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i dont think you will be covered if it turns out to be a fraudster if you pay via western union, at least if you pay with ebay, i mean through paypal, you will have some sort of a case if it backfires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

that is very dodgy,donot do it.why does he not accept paypal if he is a real seller.it must be a hacked account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

OK
    Your final answer...........
    Ebay yesterday made an announcement...........

"Under the new policy, sellers will not be allowed to ask buyers to send cash in the post or ask buyers to send payment through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram."

You can read it here
    http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/200512161846442.html

Think thats finally answered it. To be honest, with feedback like that but such a dodgy request, it seems like a hacked account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

This is a well worn scam. Stay away from it. Anybody who writes an e-mail that constantly reassures you is obviously trying to con you. The laughable bit is where you asks you to put the money into an account under a friends name and then asks you for all the details to "check" it. The checking and the withdrawing will be the same.

Furthermore even if the package is marked as a gift there is no guarantee that there won't be a customs spot check and they will decide the value of the goods.

Advertisement