Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI accidental lodgement

Options
  • 17-12-2005 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Today I ldoged a cheque in BOI using a paper lodgement docket at the counter.

However, looking at my receipt I see that while I had the correct account number I had the wrong sort code, completly wrong, turns out to be a BOI branch in Galway by mistake (my account is in a branch Cork)

My question is are account numbers unique, I hope so, otherwise someone there might have received my EUR 750.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They are unique as far as I know... the bank (Ulster Bank .. but no doubt similiar across the board) were able to track down my account with just my acc number before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

I'd give them a ring, did something similar a while ago and it took over 5 days for the money to be lodged to my a/c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'd follow up the phone call with an email or fax so you have a record of your instructions to them, in case of later dispute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

raster wrote:

My question is are account numbers unique,

Not always.

Some number ranges are used by two or three different branches. It would be unfortunate if the 'other branch' happened to be the one in which the funds were lodged to.

Advertisement