Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Spencer RIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Never watched the West Wing,but he was great in several movies I have sene him in. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

RIP to a great character actor , he'll be sorely missed from the West Wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Louth Man

58 is an terrible age to die..:(

He was a brilliant actor..

Interestingly his character had a heart attack in the West Wing in Season 6..

Does this mean that Season 7 will definitely be the last season of the WW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/16/spencer.obit.ap/index.html

:( Played Leo McGarry in The West Wing, he'll be badly missed, 58 is quite young.

Did he play snooker? !!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Louth Man

Litcagral wrote:
    Did he play snooker? !!!!!!!!!

Different John Spencer!!

The American actor has died [HTML]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spencer_(actor)[/HTML]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Poor guy, hands-down one of my favourite actors.

News was like a gut-punch. I love Leo, and for me, John Spencer and Leo McGarry are one and the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Louth Man wrote:

I think the terrible ratings have already secured that to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Really sad news. He was a brilliant actor, in LA Law but my favourite in the West Wing.
    He would have been 59 on Tuesday. No age at all. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Oh FFS :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Louth Man wrote:
    Season 7 was pitched as the last season anyway, but this is going to throw the entire thing into a tail spin now.

Its a bitter shame. He was a wonderful actor, perfectly suited to many of the roles I have seen him play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Was Leo in series 7? Surely all of S7 would be recordered by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bond-007 wrote:
    Was Leo in series 7? Surely all of S7 would be recordered by now?

Apparently not, its believed they have a number of episodes done but not the entire season.

58 is such a young age to go at, and from a WW fan's perspective, he will be sorely missed.

I'm sad to say that this coupled with the poor ratings will probably mean the show has run its course.

[edit]BBC link says they've up to episode 14 in the can[/edit]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah they're up to about episode 14 now. Leo was in top form in the last episode (The Wedding). Not sure where the show can go from here, let's hope he gets a proper funeral/tribute in the show. I think, technically, Santos cannot have another running mate. Leo will remain on the ballot (similar to Horton Wilde in the California 47th) for the election.

With the death of John Spencer the powers that be may say that will do for TWW and I guess the cast may want to go out on a high now as a tribute to Spencer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

While I love the West Wing with a passion (I have seasons one through six on DVD), I did feel it was time for the show to call it a day with the end of the Bartlet administartion. It would be a shame for it to over-stay its welcome and for it to continue to make new seasons just for the sake of it, a la Friends. This sad news will probably secure that.

RIP indeed, great actor. What I I to bethink the best episode in the history of the West Wing was almost exclusively about him, in Bartlet for America in season three. He was a powerful force one the screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

A solid part of one of the best dramas ever

RIP

spencer-sm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

he was cool in 'The Rock'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

He was the driving force behind the west wing, Leo and President Bartlett's relationship was one of the great relationships in television history, and his acting in the alcholic/pills story line in season 1 of the west wing was some of the best acting i've ever seen. God Rest His Soul.

Advertisement