Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King of Wolves

Options
  • 17-12-2005 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Has anyone read this manga by Kentaro Miura? Spotted it on the shelf to my surprise the other day and, being a big fan of Berserk, I was very interested. Book was shrink wrapped though so I couldn't look inside. :/

Worth getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I found it ****ing woeful myself. I wouldn't recommend it, even for diehard Berserk fans. It's been a while since I read it so I can't really elaborate but...eh.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/manga/manga.php?manga_view=851

Animeondvd seems to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hmm... "At $13, it’s hard to recommend this title to everyone, but fans of Buronsan and Miura should get a kick out of it".

Not exactly what I want. Their review doesn't seem to rave about it either...

Think I'll pass on this for the moment. The nice thing about this manga is there's only one volume, so if I do decide to get it, that's that.

There's another "one-off" by the same duo (Buronsan, Miura) called Japan that got a release recently from Dark Horse. AnimeonDVD prefered King of Wolves though, so perhaps that's saying something...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Just wait for Dark Horse's upcoming re-release of Crying Freeman instead.

Advertisement