Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPO tonight

Options
  • 17-12-2005 5:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I just want thenguywho headbutted me in the face
    in case yourwondering some totally random guy came up to me outside gpo and headbutted me, breaking some of my teeth,

I managed to knockhim to the ground and get a few punches in but some other nob jockey came over and startedragging me off saying i was a dry bastard hitting a poor defenseless lad

however i know he is a ryan from mulcullen and the rest is soon following

you ****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Hate that... I got attacked one night out of the blue for no reason. Scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ok I am now awake and sober.

Basically, I was helping a girl I know off the ground. Then I was standing near her, when all of a sudden some guy walks into me, and then bam, headbutt into my face.

I was pretty drunk, but I remember getting straight back up, knocking him to the ground and punching him a few times in the general face area before some sober idiot pulled me off and started spouting how I was being a dick??? :mad:

Stuff like this gets me so mad, why an earth would anybody hit someone in the face like this for no reason. I have no idea who he was and wouldn't recognise him if I saw him again. I'm relying on my friend who's almost postiive thinks he knows who he is. Did anyone happen to see this incident?

I'm going to have some work done on my teeth now, **** sake.

that is a bitch!sorry to hear that!although it wouldnt have happened if you were outside cps!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Jesus Mobile sorry to hear about that. what a w@nker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Heh, who from Moycullen was it?

I slapped some little sh1t from out that direction one night... thought he was tough with all his friends behind him, when I gave him a good kicking to the ground his friend were nowhere to be seen ;)

Younfellas & drink :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    Heh, who from Moycullen was it?

Thats what I'm trying to find out.

Still not very consoling with my teeth though. Wouldn't mind if I only woke up with the odd bruise or whatever, but this will cost both time and money to fix

If you find out who it was, pay him a visit one on one.. and batter the living fcuk out of him. Make sure there are no witnesses though... for 2 reasons.

The first being the obvious, he has no comeback
    The second, he's hardly gonna come back again and admit that you kicked the crap out of him, so chances are hed be afraid of you if he ever saw you again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

ahh come on now john cleary!! voilence solves nothing!! will people ever learn:rolleyes:

JohnCleary wrote:
    If you find out who it was, pay him a visit one on one.. and batter the living fcuk out of him. Make sure there are no witnesses though... for 2 reasons.

The first being the obvious, he has no comeback
    The second, he's hardly gonna come back again and admit that you kicked the crap out of him, so chances are hed be afraid of you if he ever saw you again

If I knew who he was I would.

To be fair though we gave him a decent beating when I caught him. I caught him, knocked him to the ground, punched him a few times, then my friends came over and started kicking the **** out of him when some other guy pulled me off - although they are slightly civilised - no head/face shots. There's blood on my friends arm sleeves and there was streaks of blood all up my arm :eek:

Still though, I'd give him another beating purely for the fact that he randomly attacked me, still can't get over that. And the fact I have to pay 700 or 800 to fix my teeth after this.

If I knew who he was I would.

To be fair though we gave him a decent beating when I caught him. I caught him, knocked him to the ground, punched him a few times, then my friends came over and started kicking the **** out of him when some other guy pulled me off - although they are slightly civilised - no head/face shots. There's blood on my friends arm sleeves and there was streaks of blood all up my arm :eek:

Still though, I'd give him another beating purely for the fact that he randomly attacked me, still can't get over that. And the fact I have to pay 700 or 800 to fix my teeth after this.

Well be careful, if he sees you again he'll prob come up saying that u and yer mates kicked the **** out of him and then youll get jumped by 5 people.

You can do the 'decent' thing and go to Cops etc. but this will prob be more hassle than its worth and chances are youll never see your money for your teeth etc again.

Or you could do what id do. Find out where he lives. Clear a day off your calender, wait outside his house... ill leave your imagination to do the rest..

• Advertisement

Msfc wrote:
    ahh come on now john cleary!! voilence solves nothing!! will people ever learn:rolleyes:

STFU would ya, he got a kickin for no reason, give what ya get IMHO

cleary is the the chuck norris of boards.:p

cleary is the the chuck norris of boards.:p

Damn....instead of punching him, I should have given him a roundhouse kick :D

Damn....instead of punching him, I should have given him a roundhouse kick :D

Nose man, go for the nose. As I said before, not only will that stop them, they'll never go near you again cause theyll think your some sort of deranged psycho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Any Chance of CCTV? Either from club or shops?

It would answer alot of questions?

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Go to the cops, make a statement, charge him with assualt. That way you'll get a scumbag taken care of, probably get your teeth paid for, hopefully give him a record keeping him out of some careers.

Go to the cops, make a statement, charge him with assualt. That way you'll get a scumbag taken care of, probably get your teeth paid for, hopefully give him a record keeping him out of some careers.

By 'taking care of' you mean a slap on the wrist? Because thats all that'll happen... For all you know he could have been under 18

'Probably get your money back' ... You'll be waiting a hell of a long time for that, but it is the only plausable reason to go down the legal route

'Give him a record keeping him out of some careers' ... I'll say nothing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Im from a legal background and I personally would beat the living **** out of him. :)

BUT my advise would be to go down to the GPO and find the manager and ask to see if you could get a look at the CCTV on that night. Sound very serious and explain your situation, and state that your solicitor wants to press charges etc etc.. If it is the person you know, then you could easily **** him up from a legal pt of view through the small claims court (deals with claims under €1750 if i can remember correctly).

You will get your money if you take those steps - hell if you issue him with a sub poena (as the ct will do) he will be forced to attend the hearing.

He'll probably pay you the money even before you bring him to court for fear of higher costs etc...

Oh and you do NOT need a solicitor for the small claims court, and it's fee is €7.

Failing that john cleary's idea of a bit of a stake out sounds damn good - all that ****ing twat deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

I was only attacked once in Galway city centre....and it happened outside the GPO about 4 years ago. What is it about eglinton street and some GPO knackers?

CCTV would be good.

Cops patrolling the streets would be good too (but expensive to have them on all streets over a few hours).

Best idea would be to have all main streets monitored in real time via CCTV and then cops could be dispataced immediatly to the street from wherever they are (usually sitting on their arses in a van in Eyre square).

Once i saw a fight take place behind the cop van for at least 2 mins with guys kicking the ****e out of each other. The cops didnt even see it cos they were just looking at supermacs door. Incroyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How about Irish Army posted at every main venue with a "no prisoners" attitude. Should put a stop to fighting pretty quickly :D

"Army! Stop fighting!" Bang, bang, bang...

• Advertisement

How's this for a sickner. Two friends of mine were walking home after heading out with exams over and all on thurs nite last. They were about 2-3 mins away from gort na coribe and 6 scumbags came out of nowhere and chased the two. One of the lads got away, the other one was caught by the 6 lads.

Anyway, the 6 lads beat the living crap out of my friend with planks, sticks and weapons. They got him to the ground and kicked and battered him with the weapons etc. Left him with a broken nose, two black eyes, and bumps,scratches and bruises from head to toe.

And you know what they did then? Walked away and left him semi-unconscious on the ground for f&cking dead. Wasn't till my other mate rang+went back searching for him that he got him to hospital where he was kept until yesterday afternoon.

Six cowardly b*stards attacking a complete randomer like that and no way to catch them - at f*cking christmas. You could imagine how all us as his mates feel, yet there's nothing we can actually do.

Now that is a sickner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

where did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Too much advise been thrown around in this thread, without looking at all the facts. ITs a crime that somone was headbutted in the face for no apparent reason, but when you retaliate by throwing punches yourself ( and it prob was the correct thing to do ) you dont have any chance of going further with this issue to the guards or to a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

alibabba wrote:
    Too much advise been thrown around in this thread, without looking at all the facts. ITs a crime that somone was headbutted in the face for no apparent reason, but when you retaliate by throwing punches yourself ( and it prob was the correct thing to do ) you dont have any chance of going further with this issue to the guards or to a solicitor.

I dont know about that! What about the whole self defence thing? I lived in Galway city all my life and im glad to say nothing like this has ever happened to me, but there has been a few close calls. There is people out there that just want to fight and they will do anything to start one. I remember one incident outside Cuba where I was waiting for my mates after the club, directly outside when there was roadworks. Sitting on one of the plastic barriers, this guy comes up to me and and just started talking ****, and got around to asking where are you from and then started insulting both me and where I was from, so I just told him ok whatever, but he kept at it, I told him to go talk to someone else, but no. Eventually I stood up and told him to fvck off, I was bigger than this guy and fairly confident I could handle anything that might have happened but then i looked at his right arm, which was moving and saw him sliding a glass bottle down from his sleeve. Needless to say I left the area! I later found out he was from Ballinrobe and supposedly a nice guy!!:rolleyes: But personally I dont think there is enough Gardai on the streets at night. Maybe they could stakeout a night club or 2 at closing time instead of being outside supermacs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

like i said, the self defence thing is fine, if you are confident of beating the ass*hole to a pulp, by all means do so. But dont expect to get a warm reception from the guards / courts if you think you should go further about it. thats all i'll say on the matter.
    im 30 years in galway, and im sick and tired of the crap on the streets at night. bring out the vigilanties, get them to clean up the muck.
    give galway back to the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

I second that Vigilantes all the way!

incident happened on the argos/omniplex side of gort na coirbe area afaik.

Was talking to him last nite, was very very lucky he hadn't been seriously hurt

hada wrote:

Yeah that sounds like a terrible incident. I got my teeth fixed, so I just want to forget last Friday night! But if ANYONE attempts anything remotely similar to me again.....they will not escape alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Don`t punch him, elbow him. Far more effective, especially if there is a danger of the fight being broken up.
    I`m not speaking from experience but that stratagey PWNS in ultimate fighting championship!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hada wrote:

Nobody around at that time to help out? where did they head for, tesco or something
    ?

Advertisement